PippoX3, XDA Senior Member and developer, has launched a working Unofficial Carbon KitKat customized ROM for the Nexus 5. Use this tutorial in an effort to discover ways to efficiently flash customized ROM for your model new smartphone.
CarbonRom is in response to AOSP Android four.four inventory ROM, CyanogenMod and AOKP customized ROMs. Extra data about this practice ROM may also be discovered at its XDA thread here. Before starting the installation you will need to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- use the tutorial only with the Google Nexus 5 device.
– don’t attempt to update any other devices using the files you find in the ‘how-to’ part of this post.
- your device has to be rooted and running the latest TWRP Recovery image.
– the latest CWM Recovery build should work with this guide too, but it is recommended that you use TWRP.
- during the installation you will need to apply the ‘factory reset’ step, which is why you shouldn’t skip it.
– if you skip factory reset then the new ROM won’t boot in normal mode.
- Factory Reset removes data from system partition.
– internal storage won’t be affected by the installation process, which means that you won’t lose any data files stored on it.
- backup installed applications data using Helium — Google Play Store link here.
- backup SMS and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore customized ROM doesn’t cling root, which is why you need to flash SuperSU after putting in the ROM.
- Join the smartphone along with your pc and transfer all information to your instrument’s Nexus 5 inner storage.
– when the information are moved that you can disconnect the instrument out of your PC.
– don’t unzip the contents of the recordsdata.
- Energy off your Nexus 5 utterly.
- Now boot the tool in TWRP Restoration Mode.
– CWM Restoration may additionally work with this information.
– needless to say CWM / TWRP must be up to date to the newest model.
- Very first thing that you simply want to do is to create a full NANDROID Backup for the put in ROM.
– TWRP: press Backup, rename the file and make sure the method.
– CWM: make a choice ‘backup and repair’, title the backup file after which reserve it on the Nexus 5 inside storage.
> this course of will create a fix level in your tool.
- Follow the Manufacturing facility Reset now:
– TWRP: press Wipe, then swipe to substantiate Manufacturing unit Reset.
– CWM: make a choice ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’, ascertain.
- Now, flash the Unofficial CarbonROM KitKat construct:
– TWRP: press Set up, in finding the customized ROM and set up it.
– CWM: choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’. To find the customized ROM zip and ensure its set up.
> don’t press any buttons unless the set up is full.
- Subsequent, it’s a must to flash the Gapps information the use of the identical choices as in step 9.
- After the Unofficial CarbonRom KK construct and Gapps are put in, flash SuperSU identical to you probably did with the opposite zips.
– this set up will repair root to your cellphone.
- When all information are flashed, return to the primary customized Restoration display.
- Reboot your smartphone now in commonplace mode.
– observe that the primary boot course of takes some time to complete, which is why you will have to wait unless the house reveal of your new ROM seems.
- Enter your Google Account information after which begin checking out this new ROM.
I am hoping that you simply’ve managed to complete the academic and that you simply’re at the moment customizing the CarbonROM Android four.four Unofficial construct.
NOTE: If the primary boot course of takes greater than ten minutes besides, it fails in addition, it boots nevertheless it displays too many pressure closing error or it enters right into a boot loop, then the set up wasn’t utilized efficiently. Which means it is very important repeat the complete tutorial as soon as once more, however be sure that to not skip any steps.
If you would like some other further lend a hand, then you definately must ask for extra lend a hand in feedback.
For those who don’t like this new ROM and the way it works together with your Nexus 5, then that you can at all times make a selection to revive it to its earlier ROM the use of the NANDROID ROM Backup file created in step 7.