The official OmniROM Android 4.4 Nightlies are now available for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device. Learn how to install it using the info that I’ve listed in this post.
OmniROM KitKat Nightly is in its first phase and now it might not be the most stable ROM but it will do its work, which is to allow as many users as possible to test the latest Android 4.4 features. Besides the AOSP Android features you will also be getting some OmniROM new elements: the multi-window support, multi-workspace, per-app permissions controls, flippable quick settings menu, a new more minimal incoming call alert and others more.
Before starting the installation you will first have to take a look at the guidelines below:
- Use this post only with the AT&T variant of the Galaxy Note 2 phone.
– do not attempt to update any other devices with the files that you find in this article.
- Your phablet device has to be rooted and running the latest CWM Recovery image.
- Factory Reset is required and you shouldn’t skip it, as this step is found in the tutorial.
– note that the Factory Reset process will wipe data from the system part of your device, while the internal and external storage won’t be affected by this process.
- Backup data from installed applications using Helium tool here ( Google Play Store link).
- Backup SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore Join your cellphone together with your PC and transfer the recordsdata to your telephone’s interior storage.
– after the recordsdata are copied, disconnect the tool from PC.
– don’t unzip the archives.
- Energy off the software now.
- Subsequent, boot the cellphone in CWM Restoration Mode.
– do it by using urgent and retaining Extent Up, Residence and Energy concurrently.
– unlock the buttons when the customized Restoration reveal seems.
- First, create a NANDROID ROM Backup for the put in OS:
– make a choice ‘backup and restoration’, then store the file.
– proceed to your next step when completed.
- Now that you would be able to follow the Manufacturing unit Reset:
– choose ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’, verify the method.
> don’t skip this step.
> for those who skip this step and the telephone doesn’t boot in commonplace mode, then you’ll have to repeat this whole tutorial.
- Flash the customized OmniROM Android four.four Nightly ROM:
– choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’ and in finding the customized ROM zip.
> ascertain the set up and proceed to your next step when the method is full.
- When the brand new ROM is flashed you’ll have to repeat step eight and flash the Gapps zip.
- After you full the installations, return to the primary CWM Restoration display.
- Reboot your telephone now in customary mode.
– word that the primary boot course of will take as a minimum 5 minutes to load the entire new recordsdata, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless then.
- Enter your Google Account important points and take keep an eye on over your software as soon as once more.
These have been the entire steps that you just needed to take with a view to full the updating course of and set up of OmniROM Android four.four Nightlies in your Galaxy Be aware 2 AT&T.
In case you don’t like this new ROM otherwise you to find it to slower than the earlier one, then which you can all the time make a choice to revive your AT&T Observe 2 to its earlier ROM the use of the NANDROID Backup file created in step 6
In case you have some other questions or if you happen to can’t full the educational, then that you can all the time select to ask for extra assist in feedback. You’ll want to go away an in depth remark in order that we will provide you with a achievable resolution for you.