Galaxy Note 2 T-Mobile can now be upgraded to Android 4.4 using a new custom ROM called OmniROM. If you go past all the instructions that I’ve listed below, then you should be able to complete the installation without bricking your phone and without losing any important data files.
Nightlies builds are usually released on a daily basis and with each new version we will get better and more stable builds, so that you’ll get one of the best KitKat experience.
OmniROM packs the stock AOSP Android 4.4 ROM along with several new elements: support for multi-window, multi-workspace, per-app permissions control, flippable quick settings, non-obtrusive incoming call alert and others more. This ROM is still in its first stages of development which is why you shouldn’t install it without creating a full NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM.
Read the guidelines below before starting the installation of OmniROM Android 4.4 Nightlies. Here’s what you need to know:
- For this tutorial to work you will need a T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 device.
– don’t attempt to update any other Android phone using the files listed in this post.
- Your phablet has to be rooted, factory unlocked and running a CWM Recovery image.
– without these you cannot complete the tutorial.
- Factory Reset is obviously required and you will need to apply it.
– this step can be found in the tutorial and you shouldn’t skip it.
- Factory Reset wipes data from system partition.
– this process won’t remove data from the internal or external storage.
- Backup data from installed applications using the Helium tool from Google Play Store here.
- Backup SMS and APN Internet Settings using the following Android small apps: SMS backup & restore Join your smartphone together with your PC, then transfer each zip recordsdata to your smartphone’s inside storage.
– disconnect the instrument out of your laptop after the recordsdata are copied efficiently.
– don’t unzip the recordsdata.
- Energy off the tool now.
- Boot your telephone in CWM Restoration Mode:
– make a choice ‘backup and restoration’, identify the file after which ascertain the method.
– proceed to your next step when performed.
- Now it’s important to follow a Manufacturing unit Reset on your instrument:
– make a choice ‘wipe information/ manufacturing unit reset’, verify the method.
> don’t skip this step, except you already run a earlier OmniROM KitKat Nightly legitimate construct.
> be aware that in case the brand new telephone doesn’t boot in standard mode and also you’ve skipped this step, then you’ll be pressured to repeat the academic.
- Ultimately, flash the OmniROM Android four.four Nightly:
– choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’ and in finding the customized ROM zip.
– ascertain the set up.
- When the ROM is put in you will have to choose as soon as once more ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’. Set up the Gapps zip too.
- After each OmniROM and Gapps zip information are flashed with success you’ll have to return to the primary customized Restoration monitor.
- Make a selection ‘reboot machine now’ and wait unless the entire new recordsdata are efficiently loaded in customary mode.
– notice that the primary boot course of takes a couple of minutes to load all of the new information, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless it’s full.
- Enter your Google Account small print in an effort to take keep an eye on over your instrument.
These had been all of the steps that you simply needed to take to be able to efficiently replace your software with this model new Android four.four customized ROM.
NOTE: In case the OmniROM Android four.four Nightly customized ROM takes too lengthy to complete or the instrument enters right into a boot loop, then you’ll be pressured to repeat the complete tutorial as soon as once more. If you happen to do make a choice to repeat the academic, then you need to be sure that no steps are skipped within the course of.
For another questions use the feedback container beneath. Additionally, should you don’t like the brand new ROM otherwise you assume that your software shouldn’t be working as easy as you may predict it to run, then you definitely want to recognize that the NANDROID ROM Backup file created in step 6 will also be repair the use of the identical customized Restoration Mode.