The LTE variant of Galaxy Note 2 can now be updated to Android 4.4 using the first Nightly build of OmniROM. Use this tutorial and learn how to successfully update your device without any problems and without bricking the device.
OmniROM is a relatively new custom ROM that has been bundled together by Chainfire, Xplodwild, Dees_troy along with some new contributors. Read this entire tutorial and you should be able to install the new ROM without bricking your smartphone.
OmniROM Android 4.4 KitKat adds new features besides the AOSP Android 4.4 elements. The main features of this custom ROM will add support for multi-window, multi-workspace, DSP Manager enhancements, per-app permission controls, a new redesigned and non-obtrusive incoming call alert, etc.
Remember that a Nightly build is still in its development stage and errors or bugs are to be expected, so you shouldn’t worry in case you find any bugs while testing it. In order to make sure that you correctly flash this new custom ROM, you should read the guidelines below first:
- Use this guide only with the Galaxy Note 2 LTE model number N7105.
– don’t attempt to update any other devices with the files that you find in this article, as you will end up bricking them.
- Your device has to be rooted and running the latest version of CWM Recovery image.
- For the new ROM to install correctly you need to apply a Factory Reset.
– this process will wipe all data from your device’s system partition, while the internal / external storage won’t be affected.
– this step can be found in the tutorial too, so you shouldn’t skip it.
- Backup data from installed applications using the Helium tool from Google Play Store — link here.
- Backup SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using these tools: SMS backup & restore Join your tool to your PC, then replica each zip recordsdata to its interior storage.
– when the information are copied that you could disconnect the software from pc.
– don’t unzip the information.
- Energy off your tool now.
- Boot the cellphone in CWM Restoration:
– boot by way of urgent and maintaining Quantity Up, Dwelling and Energy on the related time.
– unencumber these buttons best when the CWM Restoration display seems.
- Create a NANDROID ROM Backup now.
– choose ‘backup and fix’, keep the file and proceed to the next move when carried out.
- Now, follow the manufacturing facility reset in your instrument:
– make a selection ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’, ascertain.
> don’t skip this step as it’s possible you’ll prove bricking your instrument.
- Flash the OmniROM Android four.four Nightly now:
– make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’.
– to find the customized ROM zip and make sure the set up.
- When the ROM is put in, then that you may proceed with the remainder of this submit and flash the Gapps zip too.
– use the identical ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’ choice and to find Gapps zip.
- After you have the capacity to full the set up of each zip information, return to the principle customized Restoration monitor.
- Make a selection ‘reboot device now’ and look forward to your tool in addition with OmniROM Android four.four Nightlies for the primary time.
– notice that the primary boot course of must take some time ahead of loading all of the recordsdata, which is why you must wait.
- Enter your Google Account after the boot is a hit after which commence to check all of the new options.
I’m hoping that you just’ve achieved the academic and that your software is now carrying OmniROM KitKat.
In case the primary boot course of takes too lengthy to complete, the telephone enters right into a boot loop otherwise you’re seeing too many drive closing blunders from more than a few apps, then it might be absolute best so that you can repeat your entire tutorial as soon as once more. Should you can’t full the academic, then that you would be able to ask for extra assist in feedback and we will be able to attempt to provide you with an answer for you.
For those who don’t like the brand new ROM, then you should utilize the NANDROID Backup file and fix your software to its earlier ROM.
In the event you do just like the OmniROM, then that you could proceed updating it with new builds the use of the hyperlink listed underneath step 1.