After the Galaxy Note N7000 getting the OmniROM Kitkat Nightly, now the Galaxy Note 2 too can be update to Android 4.4 via OmniROM Nightlies. Read this post and you will learn how to successfully update your device with this brand new custom ROM.
Chainfire, Xplodwild, Dees_Troy along with numerous other contributors have started to work on releasing a brand new custom ROM that is based on AOSP Android 4.4 KitKat. This new ROM comprises all the stock KitKat features as well as some other elements created by the Omni team.
OmniROM brings the following new features besides the already present Android 4.4 KK components: non-obtrusive incoming call notification, multi-window, multi-workspace mode, per-app permissions control, DSP Managed enhancements, visual improvements added to the overall UI, flippable quick settings and tons of other small tweaks. More info can be found at OmniROM web page here.
Before starting the installation you need to read the guidelines below first:
- This guide works only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100.
– do not attempt to flash this custom ROM file on any other Android device.
- Your Note 2 has to be rooted and running CWM Recovery image.
– make sure that the latest CWM Recovery version is installed, as otherwise you won’t be able to flash the ROM.
- Factory Reset is required for the installation of this new ROM, as otherwise the device might not boot in normal mode.
– the factory reset will wipe data from the system partition, while leaving the internal and external storage unaffected.
- Backup data from installed applications using the Helium utility — Google Play Store link here.
- Backup APN Internet Settings and SMS text messages using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore Join your software together with your laptop after which transfer each zip information to your cellphone’s inside storage.
– after the information are copied, disconnect the Observe 2 out of your PC.
– don’t unzip the archived contents.
- Energy off your smartphone.
- Boot the instrument in CWM Restoration mode.
– it may be completed by way of urgent and maintaining Quantity Up, House and Energy.
– unlock the buttons best when the customized Restoration menu seems.
- Create a full NANDROID ROM Backup of your presently put in ROM:
– make a selection ‘backup and fix’, identify the file and ensure the method.
- Now that you would be able to follow the Manufacturing facility Reset in your instrument.
– make a choice ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’. Verify.
> that you could skip this step best if your tool already runs on a earlier OmniROM Android four.four Nightly construct.
> when you skip the step and the software doesn’t boot in customary mode, then you’ll be pressured to repeat the whole tutorial.
- Subsequent, flash the customized ROM.
– make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’ choice and in finding the OmniROM Nightly KitKat construct.
> wait except the method is full.
- After the ROM is put in, repeat step eight and flash the Gapps zip too.
- After each zip recordsdata are flashed, return to the principle customized Restoration reveal.
- Now that you can at last reboot your tool in standard mode.
– choose ‘reboot device now’ and wait except the house display seems.
> in case the primary boot course of takes greater than ten minutes to finish, the tool enters right into a boot loop, then you are going to be pressured to repeat all the tutorial because the set up used to be now not utilized.
- Enter your Google Account small print when the house monitor of OmniROM KitKat Nightly seems.
– take keep an eye on and begin trying out all of the new options and features that have been delivered by means of this set up.
I am hoping that you simply did have the ability to full the academic and that your Word 2 N7100 is at the moment working the newest construct of OmniROM Android four.four Nightlies. For those who can’t full the educational, then you definitely will have to ask for extra lend a hand in feedback and we can attempt to provide you with options.
When you don’t like this new ROM, then you should utilize the NANDROID ROM Backup file and the customized Restoration Mode to revive your Galaxy Be aware 2 to its earlier working state.