The OmniROM Nightlies are here and now you can successfully install such custom KitKat builds on your very own Nexus 4. Read this entire post and you should be able to complete the tutorial in no time without bricking your device.
This is a custom ROM that has been created by Xplodwild, Chainfire and Dees_troy. Other contributors are working on releasing official builds. More info can be found at the XDA thread here or at OmniROM’s web page here.
It is based on Android 4.4 AOSP and it features all the stock KitKat features and functions. It brings tons of extra things that will improve your overall KitKat experience.
The Google Nexus 4 has received its own Android 4.4 OTA Update, but users who want to test some custom ROMs are now able to do it using the OmniROM KitKat Nightly builds. The new ROM brings support for multi-window, multiple workspaces, non-obtrusive incoming call alert, flippable quick settings, DSP Managed enhancements, visual improvements added to the overall UI, per-app permissions control settings, etc.
There are tons of other tweaks and improvements added, some of them can be found only by thoroughly testing this brand new custom ROM. Before starting the installation of OmniROM, you will first have to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this tutorial only with the Google Nexus 4 smartphone.
– the files you find here shouldn’t be flashed on any other devices.
- Your Google Nexus 4 has to be on an unlocked bootloader, rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery image.
– both CWM and TWRP are working with this post, but you should make sure that you have installed the latest possible version.
- For the new ROM to install correctly you will need to apply the Factory Reset step.
– the ‘factory reset’ process wipes all data from the system partition, while leaving the internal storage unaffected.
– Factory Reset step shouldn’t be skipped, as otherwise your phone will not boot in normal mode with the new ROM.
> if you do decide to skip this step, then you should only do it in case you already run a previous OmniROM Android 4.4 Nightly build.
> if you skip the Factory Reset and the phone refuses to boot in normal mode with the new ROM, then you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial once again without skipping any steps in the process.
- Backup data from installed applications using the Helium tool — Google Play Store link here.
- Backup SMS and APN Internet Settings with these tools: SMS backup & restore for many who don’t recognize the best way to boot customized Restoration.
- First you wish to create a full NANDROID Backup of the put in ROM:
– CWM: make a selection ‘backup and restoration’, title the file after which reserve it for your tool’s interior storage.
– TWRP: press Backup, then rename the file and ensure the method by using swiping the blue button.
> when executed with the backup, proceed to your next step.
- Now it’s a must to follow the Manufacturing facility Reset:
– CWM: make a selection ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’. Verify.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then swipe the blue button to substantiate the method.
> if you happen to skip this step then your software may now not boot in commonplace mode with the brand new ROM.
- Subsequent, flash the brand new customized OmniROM KitKat to your Nexus four:
– CWM: Choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’. In finding the customized ROM zip file and make sure its set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, then in finding the customized ROM zip. Swipe to substantiate set up.
> don’t press any buttons unless the method is full.
- When the ROM is put in, choose once more ‘select zip from sdcard’ possibility and flash the Gapps zip.
- After each the ROM and the Gapps information are put in, make a choice as soon as once more ‘select zip from sdcard’. Now it’s a must to flash the SuperSU zip file.
- When the entire information are put in, return to the principle customized Restoration reveal.
- Reboot your telephone now in commonplace mode.
– notice that the primary boot course of takes some time to complete, which is why you must wait unless the house display seems.
– in case the instrument enters right into a boot loop or it doesn’t full the boot course of after ten minutes of ready, then it is important to repeat your entire tutorial as soon as once more.
- If each single factor went in step with plan, then that you may merely enter your Google data when the house reveal seems.
– take keep watch over over your instrument and begin trying out all the new options.
These had been the entire steps that you just needed to take with the intention to replace your Nexus four with the newest construct of OmniROM KitKat Nightly.
In case you can’t full the academic, you then must ask for extra lend a hand in feedback and we can attempt to give you a manageable resolution for any issues you encountered. Be sure you go away an in depth remark.
NOTE: in the event you don’t like how OmniROM Android four.four Nightly works together with your Nexus four, then that you could at all times fix it to its earlier OS the use of the information created in step 7.
I’m hoping that you simply did be capable to set up all recordsdata efficiently. Take into account that you could proceed updating this OmniROM Android four.four with new builds.