Android 4.4 KK ROM has been released and now developers have begun work on launching their own custom builds for various Android device. In this post you will find instructions on how to update the Galaxy S4 LTE with Gummy Android 4.4 custom ROM.
This is a custom KitKat build created by Team Gummy and based on AOSP Android 4.4. It is still in its testing phase, which is why this is not a stable release. However, there aren’t any major bugs present, except for the missing ART support. Read more about this custom ROM here at its dedicated XDA thread.
Before starting the installation, read the guidelines below:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE model number I9505.
– don’t try to update any other smartphones with the files that you find in this post.
- Your device has to be rooted and running the latest CWM Recovery image.
- In the tutorial you’ll find the ‘factory reset’ step, don’t skip it.
– factory reset will remove data from system partition, but it won’t deletes contents from internal or external storage.
- You can backup data from installed applications using the Helium tool – Google Play Store link here.
- Backup APN Internet Settings and SMS text messages with your Gmail account.
– if you don’t know how to do it, then you should take a look at this guide here.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the ROM that is currently installed on your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE.
– it will set a restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new ROM refuses to boot in normal mode.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- Read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and note that this is a guide that should be used only by advanced Android users.
- Do not blame us nor the developers in case you lose any important data or in case you brick your smartphone.
- Make sure that the battery power level is over 50%, so that the phone won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
Since you’ve gone past all of the above, continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully update your device with one of the latest KitKat custom builds.
- Download the custom ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for this particular ROM from here.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer, then move both of these zip files on your phone’s internal storage.
– disconnect the phone from PC when all files are copied successfully.
– do not unzip the archived contents of this file.
- Power off your Galaxy S4 completely.
- Boot the phone in CWM Recovery Mode.
– use the info here when you don’t be aware of methods to do it.
- First it’s a must to create the whole NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s at the moment put in in your smartphone.
– choose ‘backup and repair’, then retailer the file in your inside storage.
– don’t skip this motion and proceed to your next step when executed.
- Now it’s important to practice a manufacturing facility reset:
– make a choice ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’ choice. Verify.
- Subsequent, flash the brand new customized Gummy Android four.four ROM:
– choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, to find the customized ROM zip after which ascertain this course of.
- When the ROM is put in, repeat step eight motion and flash the Gapps zip too,
- Return to the principle CWM Restoration reveal and reboot your tool.
– the primary boot course of takes as a minimum a few minutes to complete, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons.
- Enter your Google Account important points after which take keep an eye on over your software.
- Check all of the new options and features delivered by way of Gummy KitKat customized ROM.
If the primary boot means of this practice ROM doesn’t full in beneath 5 minutes, then you definately will have to energy off the Galaxy S4 LTE after which repeat your complete tutorial as soon as once more. In case you do repeat the information, you then must ensure to not skip any steps.
Should you don’t like this new ROM or how the tool works with it, you then will have to fix it to its earlier ROM the use of the NANDROID Backup information of your in the past put in ROM. Additionally, use the feedback container when you’ve got some other questions otherwise you want any additional assist.