The G2 is most likely LG’s best possible Android based totally smartphone launched thus far, the handset being certainly an actual competitor for Samsung’s Galaxy S4 or Sony’s Xperia Z. Sadly, even supposing it’s a excessive finish software with nice specs and lines, because it’s no longer a Nexus smartphone, the LG G2 continues to be caught on Jelly Bean OS. Neatly, the Verizon customers of the G2 can now flash the Android four.four firmware beforehand of reliable free up, as a brand new customized ROM has been made on hand for the talked about system.
Everyone knows that after Google is releasing a brand new platform, in our case Android four.four KitKat device, first the Nexus units are embracing the machine. Then, the opposite firms will battle in offering appropriate OTA updates for his or her handsets. Additionally, that’s not sufficient because the carriers want to boost its personal model of the firmware for offering an appropriate Android four.four replace. As that you would be able to already inform, Verizon will roll out the Android four.four KitKat OTA replace for the LG G2 someday all the way through March subsequent yr, which is a very long time to look forward to.
Due to this fact, in case you are already bored with ready, we suggest you to take a look at a customized ROM firmware. As you’ll see all over the rules from under, a customized ROM is one of the simplest ways to make use of when looking to take a look at an Android OS beforehand of legitimate free up. Anyways, you must understand that on the current tutorial we will be able to be checking on find out how to replace the Verizon LG G2 to Android four.four KitKat OS by way of the use of the brand new Gummy ROM instrument.
Simply needless to say or remember that Gummy ROM isn’t an professional liberate of Android four.four KitKat gadget; actually this can be a ported and modified model of the inventory KitKat firmware that incorporates each inventory and further options, apps and capabilities. Gummy ROM for Verizon LG G2 has been developed through these of xda-builders (we’ve to thanks for the current step-by-step information) and represents a free aftermarket distribution of Android four.four.
Now, even if we’re coping with an unofficial replace and may well be skeptic about the identical, you will have to comprehend that people who have flashed the firmware on their G2 have declared that the gadget is secure the whole lot is working with out issues, bugs or concerns. Moreover, the Android four.four tool has been optimized and customised as a way to obtain extra energy, enhanced speeds and higher battery existence out of your Verizon LG G2. So, if you need to check out this new replace, then don’t hesitate and full our devoted tutorial.
If you’re used with a majority of these operations, then you most likely be aware of easy methods to put together your smartphone for the replace course of a good way to rapidly practice. Anyways, I’ll provide an explanation for the pre requisites as with out safely making use of the identical you are going to no longer be capable to flash the ROM and in addition you may brick your software whereas looking to do the replace course of.
Neatly, the very first thing to do is to root your Verizon LG G2. Installing the Android 4.4 KitKat based Gummy custom ROM requires access to the internal system. This access can be provided only via root, so unchaining your handset is not really an option for you. When gaining root access you will interfere with the default and factory settings and restrictions and the binary flash counter will be increased. This means that the warranty of your Verizon G2 will get void.
As soon as the system is rooted you can proceed to the next operation which will consist in installing the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery on your G2. Basically, a custom recovery image is establishing a user interface between you and your phone’s internal system. That’s why you need to have root access granted before installing one of the mentioned apps. But what interest us is that Android 4.4 KitKat Gummy firmware can be installed only by using CWM or TWRP recovery, so do not skip this part if you still want to update your LG G2.
Both procedures are unofficial, so say good bay to the warranty; anyhow, you can still restore the same if needed as the binary flash can be reset. For doing so you have to downgrade to stock Android OS, or to update with an official release of Android firmware instead. Do note that on rooted devices the OTA releases can be only manually installed. On the other hand, returning to our purpose, for avoiding the unpleasant situations, before starting the proper tutorial, you should make a Nandroid backup. By doing that you can save the current ROM – if the Android 4.4 KitKat Gummy software isn’t good enough for you, you can choose to go back to stock Android OS without having to apply a complex guide just like the present one.
Along with the Nandroid backup consider is saving all of your personal data, info and accounts that are there on your Verizon LG G2 internal storage memory. During the steps from below a wipe will be required and while applying the same you can lose all of your data. That’s why you need to use suitable backup and restore tools from Google Play before doing anything else.
After that, you need to focus on other things like: ensuring that you can use a computer on which you shouldn’t have any security tools installed – temporarily deactivate the antivirus and antimalware protection; enabling the USB debugging on your Verizon LG G2 by heading to “menu -> settings -> developer options”; charging the phone’s battery life in case there is less than 50% power left” and applying this step by step guide only if owning the Verizon model of LG G2 – Android 4.4 KitKat based Gummy firmware is compatible only with the mentioned Android based device.
- Download the Android 4.4 update file on your computer.
- You can get the file from here; save it on desktop and don’t unzip.
- Download Google apps from here, save the package on desktop and don’t unzip.
- Take your Verizon LG G2 and its USB cable and by using both connect your handset with your computer.
- From desktop transfer the downloaded files; place both files on your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the connection between your smartphone and your computer.
- Turn off your handset; wait a few seconds and then complete the next steps.
- Enter how to reboot in recovery mode.
- The restoration mode menu should be used first for wiping the info and clearing the cache.
- Try this through deciding on “wipe knowledge manufacturing unit reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Return to major menu of restoration.
- Use the menu for choosing “set up zip from SD card” and “make a choice zip from SD card”.
- Choose the Android four.four KitKat Gummy firmware file and flash it to your Verizon LG G2.
- Do the identical for flashing the Google Apps bundle in your smartphone.
- Then finish this information by using returning on restoration and choosing “reboot gadget now”.
- In case your cellphone will get caught in a boot loop, then return to restoration and make a choice “wipe information manufacturing unit reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- If the primary boot takes longer than ordinary, don’t panic as there may be nothing improper along with your software.
- And if you wish to fix the inventory ROM (provided that a Nandroid backup were achieved) go to restoration mode and make a selection “backup / repair”.
That used to be interested in now, so there you might have it; that used to be the strategy that may be safely utilized by people who wish to replace the Verizon LG G2 to Android four.four KitKat firmware. The Gummy customized ROM has been flashed for your telephone so the platform is operating in your handset. You will have to check the brand new tool and if that you can think of you must share your outcomes with us or with others that may need to use this devoted tutorial.