Android 4.4 KitKat has been launched and developers are now working on releasing custom ROMs for devices that aren’t supported officially. In this post you will find a custom KitKat ROM named Evervol that can be flashed on the AT&T Galaxy S2. Read the entire post and you will be able to flash all files without bricking the phone.
Evervol is a custom ROM that is based on Android 4.4 AOSP. Learn more about it by visiting the XDA thread here.In order to successfully flash this new ROM, you will first have to read the guidelines below:
- Use this article only with the AT&T variant of Samsung Galaxy S2.
– don’t attempt to update any other Galaxy S2 variants with the files you find in this tutorial.
- The device that you’re about to update should be factory unlocked, rooted and running a custom Recovery image such as CWM or TWRP.
- For this new ROM to complete installation you will be forced to apply a Factory Reset.
– factory reset removes data from system partition, while the internal / external storage cards won’t be affected by this tutorial.
- Backup data from installed apps using the Helium tool for Android. Google Play Store link.
- Backup SMS and APN Internet Settings with the following apps: SMS backup & restore Join your cellphone along with your PC after which transfer each zip information to your smartphone’s interior storage.
– don’t unzip the information.
– disconnect the telephone from pc when all information are copied efficiently.
- Now, energy off the tool.
- Boot it into customized Restoration Mode.
– each CWM and TWRP are working with this information.
- Very first thing that you just wish to do is to create a full NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s now working in your tool.
> this will likely set a repair level on your tool and it may be utilized in case the brand new customized KitKat ROM doesn’t boot appropriately.
– CWM: make a choice ‘backup and fix’ choice, then keep the file for your tool’s inner storage.
– TWRP: press Backup, rename the file and swipe to again up the device.
- Subsequent, follow the manufacturing facility reset to your AT&T Galaxy S2:
– CWM: make a selection the choice that claims ‘wipe information/ manufacturing unit reset’, then verify the method.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then ascertain the method.
- Now that you would be able to set up the brand new customized ROM:
– CWM: make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’ choice. In finding the Evervol Android four.four for SkyRocket zip and ensure its set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, then to find the customized ROM zip. Swipe to substantiate set up.
- After the customized ROM is put in, repeat step eight and set up the Gapps zip too.,
- When each recordsdata are flashed with success, you must return to the principle customized Restoration reveal.
- Reboot your software now in commonplace mode.
– notice: the primary boot means of a customized ROM takes as a minimum 5 minutes to finish, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons except you see the house display.
- Enter your Google data when the boot is full, then take keep an eye on over your instrument, re-set up your entire favourite apps and begin trying out the logo new customized ROM.
These had been the entire steps that you simply needed to take as a way to efficiently replace your smartphone with a brand new Android four.four customized ROM.
In case the primary boot course of takes greater than ten minutes to finish or in case the software enters right into a boot loop, then it is very important energy it off totally. After that you just will have to repeat your complete tutorial as soon as once more, as these are to be anticipated when trying to flash new customized ROMs on Samsung gadgets.
I am hoping that you simply did have the ability to full the educational and that you just’re at the moment customizing the entire components of your instrument. When you in finding any main bugs with the Evervol KitKat four.four ROM, then that you could file them in feedback or within the customized ROM’s XDA thread.
Additionally, if you happen to don’t like how this new customized ROM works along with your AT&T Galaxy S2, then which you could fix the tool to its earlier OS the use of the NANDROID Backup information created in step 6.