Samsung has released today the official Android 4.3 OTA Update for the Galaxy Note 2 smartphone. Read this entire tutorial if you want to learn how to manually flash the brand new XXUEMK4 firmware without bricking the device. Use this post only if you’re an advanced Android user and you know what your’re doing.
The official Android 4.3 XXUEMK4 JB Update is set Over-the-Air, but not all devices are getting it at the same time, which is why those who don’t want to wait can use this post and learn how to manually upgrade their phone’s firmware. Before starting the installation, read the preparation guide below:
- Use this guide only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100.
– don’t attempt to use this tutorial with the N7100 LTE variant of Note 2, as you will brick it.
– also, don’t flash the firmware file you find here on any other different Android smartphone.
- Download and Install Samsung USB Drivers from here.
- Disable Samsung KIES and all antivirus applications from running on your PC.
– such apps will interfere with the updating process.
- In case your Note 2 is currently rooted, then this installation will revoke root and restore 100% stock firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
– if Developer Options doesn’t show up in Settings, then you need to enable it by opening About Phone section, then tap seven times on the ‘build number’ text.
- Backup some of your most important files in the process.
– in case your device is currently running on a custom ROM, then you need to know that the system partition will be wiped.
- This guide is for advanced Android users, do not blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any important in the process.
- The battery charge level of your device has to be over 50%. Don’t try to update it in case the charge level is lower than that.
- In case you cannot complete the guide, then you should ask for extra help in comments.
Since you’ve read all of the above, you can now continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully update your device to the latest Jelly Bean firmware version.
- Download the N7100 Android 4.3 firmware zip from here.
– note that this is an Indian firmware, but it will work with all International N7100 devices.
- Extract the contents from the zip file and place them on your computer’s desktop.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from here.
– extract the contents and store the Odin folder to your pc.
- Energy off your smartphone now.
- Launch Odin executable in your PC.
- Boot your Be aware 2 in Obtain Mode.
– it may be executed by using urgent and conserving Extent UP, Residence and Energy buttons on the related time.
– unlock the buttons when the Warning! menu is displayed, after that press Quantity As much as ascertain boot in Obtain Mode.
- Join your smartphone along with your pc by the use of USB cable.
– watch for Odin to observe the software, then proceed to your next step.
– if the Be aware 2 isn’t identified via Odin, then you’ll have to re-set up the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Go to Odin now and cargo the next recordsdata:
– Click on AP and cargo the AP_N7100XXUEMK4_2099172_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file
– click on BL and cargo the BL_N7100XXUEMK4_2099172_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file
– Click on CP and cargo the file with CP listed in its title.
– Click on CSC and cargo the file with CSC listed in its title.
> when recordsdata are loaded in Odin, proceed to the next move. Ensure to not exchange every other default choices.
> if Re-Partition is enabled, then you must disable it.
- When prepared, hit the START button to start the updating course of.
- The set up course of will take a little time to finish, when its performed you are going to see the Odin PASS alert proven, your telephone will reboot in customary mode and that you could begin checking out all of its new options.
- If the set up has been accomplished with success, you then’re executed with this tutorial.
NOTE: if ODIN freezes, it displays the FAIL alert or the telephone doesn’t go earlier the Samsung boot animation display, then you need to do the next movements: shut Odin, disconnect the cellphone from laptop, put off the telephones battery for 5 seconds then put it again in, re-launch Odin and repeat the complete tutorial as soon as once more.
NOTE 2: If Odin says that the set up used to be full however the cellphone is unable to move previous the boot animation display, then you are going to be pressured to use a manufacturing unit reset. This course of will delete all knowledge out of your device partition and pressure your Observe 2 as well in standard mode.
Manufacturing unit Reset doesn’t delete information from interior / exterior sdcards. Right here’s find out how to manufacturing facility reset your smartphone:
- Energy off the Notice 2 by means of doing away with its battery, then re-insert again into its position after 5 seconds have handed.
– don’t join the software to your PC.
- Press and Dangle Extent Up, Residence and Energy unless the inventory Restoration Mode menu seems.
- Make a selection ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’ and ensure the method.
- After the Manufacturing unit Reset is full, choose ‘reboot device now’ possibility.
– the primary boot course of takes a few minutes to load the entire new information, don’t press any buttons unless the Dwelling display seems.
- Enter your Google account small print when the Android four.three residence reveal hundreds.
I am hoping that you just’ve managed to replace your smartphone and that you may now take a look at the entire newest Jelly Bean options for your Be aware 2 software. if in case you have another questions, you then must ask them in feedback beneath.