Do you wish to have to replace your Motorola Droid Razr M to newest Android OS – Android four.four KitKat firmware? Although the OTA Android four.four replace for Droid Razr M is anticipated best all through February or March subsequent 12 months, which you can make a selection to flash the KitKat firmware instantly, with out ready for the legit unencumber to be rolled out. How can it’s conceivable? Smartly, all over the rules from beneath I shall be exhibiting you replace the Motorola Droid Razr M to Android four.four instrument with CM eleven customized ROM.
CM eleven is the newest model of Cyanogenmod, the identical customized ROM that’s utilized by many, many Android customers. In truth Cyanogenmod is the preferred customized Android OS, the firmware being appropriate with nearly all of the handsets in the market, whether or not we’re speaking about excessive finish, mid vary or low vary smartphones or drugs. Now, CM eleven is being in line with Android four.four KitKat platform, representing a free aftermarket distribution of the identical. Now, even supposing we aren’t coping with the respectable CM11 firmware, that you may nonetheless use this port for updating your Razr M to Android four.four KitKat OS.
However take into account that this isn’t the reputable Android four.four replace that has been launched by way of Motorola to your Droid Razr M. As mentioned ahead of CM eleven has been developed with the aid of 1/3 birthday celebration devs so this tool has nothing to do with Motorola or with Google. Due to this fact, a customized ROM that incorporates customized and inventory options, apps and capabilities shall be flashed in your smartphone. Moreover CM eleven is bringing a customized Android four.four consumer interface so don’t predict to obtain the inventory KitKat expertise in your Razr M.
One of the best is that CM11 firmware is putting in new and nice options and capabilities in your handset, capabilities that can be utilized for bettering the net looking expertise, for customizing and personalizing the appears, for bumping the speeds, upgrading the battery lifestyles or for powering up the performances of your Motorola Droid Razr M. Due to this fact if you wish to strengthen the performances of your telephone and likewise set up Android four.four KitKat on the related time, then you definitely want to take a look at the CM eleven customized ROM firmware.
As talked about above, this isn’t the legitimate unlock of CM11; due to this fact, on this ported model of the Android four.four OS it’s possible you’ll to find some minor bugs or considerations. Don’t fear as that you could safely replace your Droid Razr M with CM11 for day-to-day use as in accordance to people who have already tried the device, the identical is easily working. Anyway, for finishing this information with out experiencing any more or less issues, first have a look and full the rules from under.
- Root your Motorola Droid Razr M.
- Install the latest version of CWM or TWRP custom recovery image on your smartphone.
- Backup the Razr M data, including the current ROM.
- Make sure that you can use a computer or notebook.
- Apply this tutorial only if you own the mentioned handsets or else you might end up in bricking your device.
- Read the lines from below for obtaining extra info related to the steps from this list.
First of all, start with the root process because you can’t perform anything else unless root access is granted. Be careful, as by rooting the default and factory restrictions will be removed meaning that this operation isn’t official. Furthermore, when gaining root access the binary flash counter will be increased, which means that the warranty will get void. Anyway, you can reset the flash counter by downgrading the stock Android OS or by updating with an official variant of Android firmware – manually because on a rooted system the OTA releases can’t be applied.
Now, CM 11 Android 4.4 for Motorola Droid Razr M has been installed only via the latest releases of CWM or TWRP recovery images. Because of that I am recommending the same apps. The custom recovery is the only way in which you can apply a custom ROM so don’t skip this section. Basically, the custom recovery is a user friendly interface that is providing “access” to the internal system of your Android device. Take note that this operation can be performed only on rooted handsets.
The backup is being required because a wipe will be applied – you cannot flash CM 11 if you don’t wipe the system and clear the cache. So, before going any further take your time and use backup and restore apps (you can download the same for free from Google Play store) for saving everything that’s important for you – save only the data that is there on the internal storage memory. Of course, don’t forget about the Nandroid backup as it is strongly recommended too.
Now, on the computer you will use, make sure that the security tools are being temporarily disabled. Then, on your Droid Razr M go to “menu -> settings -> developer options” and check the USB debugging option. Up next, check the battery status; if there is less than 60% power left you have to plug in the charger. If your phone gets turned off in the middle of the update procedure, it might get bricked out. Good; now proceed to the next and final section of this step by step guide.
- Download the Android 4.4 KitKat based CM 11 update file from here.
- Save it on your computer; don’t unzip the software package.
- Do the same thing for the Google Apps package which can be downloaded from here.
- Connect your Droid Razr M with your computer by using its USB cable.
- Once the connection is established copy-paste or drag and drop the downloaded files from your computer to your phone’s SD card.
- Then, unplug the USB cable; the computer is no longer useful.
- You now need to reboot your handset in recovery mode.
- If you don’t know how to do it, use our detailed and dedicated step by step guide.
- Then, from restoration make a choice “wipe information manufacturing unit reset”.
- Additionally, choose “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to restoration make a selection “increase” and select “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Yet again return to restoration; this time choose “set up zip from SD card” and “make a choice zip from SD card”.
- First make a choice the CM11 replace file.
- Set up the Android four.four KitKat OS for your Motorola Droid Razr M.
- Then, repeat the method and set up the Google Apps package deal.
- When the set up process is over, from restoration make a choice to head to primary menu and from there make a selection “reboot device now”.
That was once occupied with as of late, so there you will have it: that used to be the find out how to information that can be utilized when seeking to replace the Motorola Droid Razr M to Android four.four KitKat OS with CM eleven customized ROM firmware. Now, all it’s a must to do is to check the brand new instrument with a purpose to see if there are bugs or considerations within the gadget. Both means, after all, don’t disregard about us and share your ideas and your expertise with us through the use of the feedback space from under. You probably have issues we can attempt to enable you as quickly as that you can think of.