Wayland_ACE, XDA member and developer, managed to compile an unofficial CyanogenMod 11 build for the International Samsung Galaxy S2 device. Use this tutorial and learn how to install it on your device.
Note that this is not an official CyanogenMod build and it is not for every day usage. Install this custom ROM only for testing purposes. If you want to learn more about it then you should take a look at the Unofficial CM11 XDA thread here. Check the guidelines below before starting the installation process:
- Use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
– don’t attempt to flash this custom ROM build for any other Android devices.
- Your phone has to be factory unlocked, rooted and running a custom Recovery image such CWM.
– make sure that you’re running the latest CWM Recovery version, as otherwise you cannot complete the tutorial.
- Factory Reset is required for the installation to complete correctly.
– this process removed all data from system partition.
– factory reset doesn’t remove internal / external storage.
- Backup data from installed apps using Helium here.
- Save data such as SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore Join your cellphone along with your laptop by the use of USB cable. Now transfer each zip information to your telephone’s inside storage.
– after the information are copied, disconnect the instrument from PC.
– don’t unzip the contents of the archives.
- Energy off your Galaxy S2 now.
- Boot your telephone in CWM Restoration Mode now:
– it may be executed by means of urgent and keeping Extent Up, Residence and Energy all on the similar time.
– free up all buttons when the customized Restoration Mode seems.
- Create a full NANDROID Backup for the put in ROM prior to putting in the brand new construct:
– make a choice ‘backup and restoration’, store the file to your interior storage.
- Subsequent, Manufacturing unit Reset your software:
– make a choice ‘wipe information/ manufacturing unit reset’, then ascertain the method.
- Now, set up the brand new customized ROM:
– make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’. In finding the Unofficial CM11 zip and make sure its set up.
- When the ROM is flashed, repeat the step eight movements and set up Gapps as smartly.
- In any case set up approaches are accomplished, return to the principle CWM Restoration monitor.
- Reboot your Galaxy S2 now.
– NOTE: this primary boot course of takes a couple of minutes to finish, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless the house monitor of your new ROM seems.
- Take regulate over your instrument with the aid of coming into your Google Account small print when the brand new unofficial CM eleven KitKat house display seems.
If the primary boot strategy of this new ROM doesn’t full or the software enters right into a boot loop, then you’ll be pressured to repeat your complete tutorial as soon as once more. If you happen to do repeat the information, then it’s a must to just be sure you gained’t skip any steps listed above.
For any additional lend a hand, use the feedback container beneath.