Android 4.4 has been launched recently and numerous developers have started to release new custom ROM based on it. This guide contains info on how to flash the Gummy Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone, so make sure to read the entire post in order to complete the process successfully.
Gummy KitKat 4.4 custom ROM is created by the Gummy developers team, and it is based on experimental CyanogenMod 11 builds. Expect to find some errors and bugs while testing this new custom ROM. More info about it can be found in the XDA thread here.
Now, those of you who wish to flash such custom ROM on their devices should read these guidelines first:
- The tutorial works exclusively with the AT&T variant of Samsung Galaxy S4. The phone has the I337 model number, so you shouldn’t attempt to flash the files on any other different device.
- Make sure that your phone is rooted and running a custom Recovery image like CWM or TWRP.
– though it is recommended for you to use CWM, the TWRP should also work with this guide.
– make sure that the latest CWM / TWRP Recovery versions are installed.
- For this new ROM to install correctly you will need to apply a factory reset.
– that will remove all data from system partition, while leaving the internal / external sdcards intact.
– the factory reset process is mandatory, as otherwise your device will not boot in normal mode. The step can be found in the ‘how-to’ part of this article.
- You will also need to create a full NANDROID Backup of the ROM that is currently installed on your device.
– this will set a restore point for the phone.
- If you want to backup data from installed apps, then you should use Helium tool from here.
- Backup SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using these Android small tools: SMS backup & restore that’s at the moment put in to your AT&T Galaxy S4:
– CWM: choose ‘backup and repair’ possibility. Create the file after which proceed to the next move.
– TWRP: press Backup, rename the file you’re about to create. Swipe to substantiate the method.
- Subsequent, observe a Manufacturing unit Reset on your tool:
– CWM: make a choice ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’, verify.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then swipe to use such motion.
> Proceed to the next move when finished.
- Now, flash the customized ROM zip file:
– CWM: choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, after that make a choice the ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’ possibility. In finding the Gummy ROM zip and set up it.
– TWRP: press Set up, browse the interior storage for the ROM zip file. Swipe to substantiate set up.
- Repeat step eight moves after the brand new ROM is flashed, however this time you wish to flash the Gapps zip.
- Return to the principle customized Restoration reveal when each information are flashed with success.
- Reboot your AT&T Galaxy S4 in commonplace mode.
– notice that the primary boot course of may take at the least three-four minutes to load all of the new information, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless the KitKat house display seems.
- Use your Google Account credentials so as to take keep watch over over your instrument. That’s it, you’ve managed to finish the academic and now you’re free to check all of its options.
If the recordsdata aren’t put in efficiently or when you do be capable of flash them, however the cellphone doesn’t boot in commonplace mode, then you’ll have to energy off the instrument by means of disposing of its battery. After a couple of seconds re-insert the battery again into its location after which repeat your entire tutorial as soon as once more. Ensure to not skip any steps.
In the event you can not full the educational, then it could be very best so that you can go away an in depth remark on the finish of this submit and we will be able to attempt to give you a manageable resolution for you.
If you happen to don’t like the brand new ROM, then that you would be able to simply fix the software to its earlier ROM the use of the NANDROID Backup file created in step 6. I am hoping you discovered this information useful and that you simply’re now checking out the newest unofficial KitKat customized construct for your smartphone.