Do you wish to have to check out the Android four.four KitKat firmware in your AT&T LG Opimus G in advance of OTA unlock? If that is so, you’ll have to follow a customized ROM instrument; now this tutorial will express you the precise factor: replace AT&T LG Optimus G to Android four.four KitKat OS with the brand new SlimKat customized ROM. If you wish to analyze extra elements about this platform and if you wish to flash the identical to your smartphone, then don’t hesitate and take a look at the rules from under.
The very best is that this tradition model of Android four.four is steady as these of xda-builders (we must thanks them for this step-by-step information) had managed to carry a easy port of the inventory KitKat firmware. In accordance to people who have put in the SlimKat gadget on their Optimus G handsets, there are issues best with the exterior SD card which isn’t known by way of the OS. Anyway, don’t concern as this drawback will quickly be resolved by way of the devs and you’ll obtain an acceptable replace when that occurs.
In addition to that, the whole thing else is working completely, so you’re going to be playing a steady and malicious program free Android four.four KitKat device in your AT&T LG Optimus G. As a result of that, we can be checking on how one can flash this practice ROM for your smartphone. The replace operation shouldn’t be laborious to finish, although sooner than heading to the correct steps you do must take a look at the pre requisites checklist. Due to this fact, let’s see how one can put together your instrument for the set up process with a view to rapidly practice.
First, it will have to be clear for you that the SlimKat device represents an unofficial port of inventory Android four.four KitKat OS. Subsequently you aren’t coping with an professional Android replace launched via LG or by using AT&T in your Optimus G. That’s why, the instrument will also be put in handiest manually and handiest by way of the use of the rules from this devoted tutorial. Do believe this operation unsafe and complicated and check out to not mess issues up as that you can even prove in bricking your Android based totally software.
Now, the very first thing to do earlier than flashing the Android four.four based totally OS in your AT&T Optimus G is to gain root access. You need to root your handset if you want to enjoy the latest features, apps and capabilities along with extra features and looks that are available on the Android system, so this is not an option for you. Unfortunately when doing so, the warranty will get void. Why? Well, because when rooting the binary flash counter will be increased. As a conclusion, for restoring the warranty you will have to reset the flash counter, and this can be done only by downgrading / updating to stock / official Android firmware.
As soon as the Optimus G is rooted, you need to replace its stock recovery image with a custom one. I recommend you to use the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery, as the SlimKat custom ROM has been tested on the AT&T LG Optimus G only by using the mentioned custom recovery images. Don’t worry as CWM recovery is the most popular custom recovery used by worldwide Android users while TWRP recovery is the touch version of the same. Anyway, install the tool only after gaining root access.
Then, backup the Optimus G data. We all know what kind of info you can store on a smartphone, so because of that it should be more than indicated to make sure that your personal info and accounts are in safe hands. During the flashing process a wipe will have to be applied and when that happens, everything that is saved on the internal storage memory will be erased or will get corrupted. Remember to save the current ROM too, as maybe you will not like the new Android 4.4 KitKat system on your Optimus G – if a Nandroid backup is being performed you can easily return to stock Android OS.
When completing a manual update operation you should know that there are some operations that will always be required. These operations are the following ones: on the computer you will use (you need to have access to a computer or notebook, to your smartphone and to its USB cable) you need to disable the antivirus programs; then on your Optimus G you have to check the USB debugging option which can be enabled from “menu -> settings -> developer options”; also, the battery status should display more than 60% power – else you have to charge your device before going any further. It’s important to apply this guide only for the AT&T version of the LG Optimus G because the steps from below are compatible only with the mentioned handset.
- First of all, go here and download the update file on your computer.
- Don’t unzip the file, just place it on desktop.
- Similar, do the same for getting the Google Apps package (you can download the package from here).
- Since the Google apps are not included on the SlimKat system you will have to install the same separately on your Optimus G.
- Now, by using your phone’s USB cable connect the computer with your smartphone.
- Next, select the downloaded files from desktop and transfer the same on your phone’s SD card
- Remove the USB cord as the computer is no longer useful for us.
- Turn off your Optimus G.
- Wait a few seconds before heading to the next steps.
- Use this guide and discover ways to reboot in restoration mode.
- From restoration the very first thing to do is to wipe the info and clear the cache.
- Wipe the device by using picking “wipe knowledge manufacturing facility reset”.
- Then clear the cache with the aid of selecting “wipe cache partition”, return and choose “developed” adopted through “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Return to major menu of restoration with the aid of selecting “+++return+++”.
- Then make a selection “set up zip from SD card” adopted by means of “select zip from SD card”.
- Decide the Android four.four KitKat firmware; flash the customized ROM to your AT&T LG Optimus G.
- Then, identical as defined above make a choice “set up zip from SD card” and “make a selection zip from sd card” for flashing the Google Apps package deal in your tool.
- After all, return and make a choice “reboot device now”.
There you’ve got it; that was once inquisitive about now, as you may have efficiently realized easy methods to replace your AT&T LG Optimus G to Android four.four KitKat firmware. So, now your tool is working on the SlimKat customized ROM; as a result of that you simply will have to check the brand new OS. If there are bugs or considerations, or if you happen to simply need to share your expertise with us and with different customers who may wish to full this step-by-step information, use the feedback house from under and discuss with us.