M-ROM is a custom and modified CyanogenMod 11 build based on Android 4.4 KitKat. Use this tutorial if you want to flash such custom ROM for your Google Nexus 4. Note that this is a guide for advanced user who want to test as many KitKat custom ROMs as possible. Make sure to read all the info listed below without skipping any steps.
The CyanogenMod team is currently working on their new Nightlies, the ones that will be based on Android 4.4 KitKat, Google’s latest OS upgrade. The Android 4.4 has been pushed first with the Google Nexus 5, but it will also be released for Nexus 4 and all the other Nexus devices soon. However, until then you can flash custom ROMs and get a taste of KitKat goodies on your Nexus 4.
It would be for the best that you create a full NANDROID Backup for the ROM that is now running on your device. This will set a restore point and it can be used in case the new M-ROM Unofficial CM 11 build features errors or any major bugs.
The following are 100% working: camera, audio, wifi, GPS, Network, SMS, Calling, Notfication lights, Expandable volumes, CyanogenMod profiles, Privacy Guard and Blacklist, Color Calibration, SU and other more. The only thing reported not to be working is the ‘compass’. More info about this custom build can be found in this XDA Thread here.
Before starting the installation, read the preparation guide below:
- Use this post exclusively for the Google Nexus 4 device.
– don’t attempt to update any other smartphone with the files you find here.
- The Nexus 4 you’re about to update has to be on an unlocked bootloader, rooted and running a custom Recovery such as TWRP or CWM.
- In the tutorial you’ll find the ‘factory reset’ step, do not skip it.
– factory reset wipes all data from system partition.
– factory reset doesn’t mess with your phone’s internal storage.
- Backup data from installed apps using Helium (here) or Titanium Backup (here).
- Backup SMS, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore While you’re on the first display of customized Restoration Mode you want to proceed and create a full NANDROID Backup for the present Nexus four ROM:
– CWM: choose ‘backup and fix’, then you definately wish to shop the file on its interior storage. Verify the method and proceed to the next move.
– TWRP: press Backup, rename the NADNROID ROM backup file. Swipe to substantiate.
- Subsequent, practice the manufacturing unit reset on your instrument:
– CWM: make a choice ‘wipe information/ manufacturing unit reset’. Verify the method.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then it’s important to swipe to substantiate manufacturing facility reset.
> when this course of is full return to the primary customized Restoration display.
- Now, flash the brand new customized M-ROM Unofficial CM11 construct in your Nexus four:
– CWM: choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then you definitely want to choose ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’. To find the customized ROM file, ascertain the set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, in finding the M-ROM unofficial CM eleven zip. Swipe to substantiate the method.
> don’t press any buttons unless all recordsdata are flashed, then that you would be able to proceed to your next step.
- When the brand new ROM is flashed, it is very important repeat step 7 movements. However, this time it’s important to flash the Gapps zip as an alternative.
– when Gapps is put in, return to the primary customized Restoration reveal.
- Now you need to reboot your smartphone.
– CWM: make a choice ‘reboot machine now’ possibility.
– TWRP: press Reboot, then Device.
> be aware that the primary boot technique of this new customized ROM will take at the least 5 minutes to load all of the recordsdata.
- Enter your Google Account important points when the brand new dwelling display seems.
These have been the entire steps that you simply needed to take with a purpose to efficiently replace your Nexus four with an unofficial construct of CyanogenMod eleven. The primary Nightlies of CM eleven for Nexus four must be prepared for a free up in the following couple of weeks, so that you must keep watch over our web site in an effort to to find out first when that occurs.
Notice that the primary boot strategy of M-ROM CM eleven Android four.four customized construct will take a number of minutes to complete. In case the software doesn’t boot in commonplace mode, it freezes on the Google animation reveal or it enters right into a boot loop, then you’ll be pressured to repeat your entire tutorial as soon as once more. You should definitely learn your entire publish and don’t skip any steps listed above.
Additionally, for extra lend a hand use the feedback container under.
For those who don’t like how the Google Nexus four works with this tradition ROM, then which you can all the time select to revive the tool to its earlier standing the use of the NANDROID Backup file created in step 5. Use the identical customized Restoration mode.