PACman Android 4.3 Jelly Bean custom ROM is based on the popular Paranoid Android, AOKP and CyanogenMod builds. Use this tutorial and learn how to flash its custom build on your Galaxy S2 I9100 without bricking its firmware. Make sure to read the entire post, so that you’ll flash the new custom ROM files at your first attempt.
This custom ROM is easy to install, as you will first have to flash the Dorimanx Kernel, then the ROM and Gapps files. PACman Jelly Bean 4.3 ROM comes with support for three different UI: phone, tablet and phablet. Before starting the installation you need to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this guide only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
– do not attempt to update any other smartphone using the files you find here.
- Your phone has to be rooted, factory unlocked and running CWM or TWRP Recovery.
– without these you cannot complete the guide.
- Factory Reset is needed for this PACman ROM to install correctly.
– it deletes only the files from the system partition, while the internal and external storage contents won’t be changed.
- NANDROID Backup of the installed ROM is needed.
– it will set a restore point and it can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot correctly.
– this step can be found in the tutorial, so you won’t miss it.
- Backup data from installed apps using Helium (here) or Titanium Backup (here).
- SMS text messages, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings can be backed up using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore Join the cellphone to your pc, then transfer all three zip information to its inside storage.
– don’t unzip the archives.
– disconnect the Galaxy S2 from PC when the information are transferred with success.
- Energy off the cellphone now.
- Boot it in customized Restoration Mode:
– it may be executed if you happen to press and hang Quantity Up, House and Energy all on the similar time.
– unlock the buttons when the CWM / TWRP primary reveal seems.
- Backup the present ROM:
– CWM: choose ‘backup and restoration’. Create the backup file and proceed to the next move.
– TWRP: press Backup, rename the file and swipe to create backup.
- Subsequent, You want to flash the Dorimanx Kernel zip ahead of putting in the ROM.
– CWM: make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’. To find the kernel zip and ensure its set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, browse your inner storage for the kernel zip. Swipe to flash it.
- After the kernel is put in, go to primary CWM / TWRP Restoration display and reboot your software.
- Now, reboot once more in customized Restoration Mode to proceed the set up of PACman ROM in your SGS2.
- Observe the Manufacturing facility Reset now:
– CWM: make a selection ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’, then ascertain.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then swipe the blue button to manufacturing facility reset your SGS2.
- Flash the customized ROM now:
– CWM: make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’. To find the PACman Android four.three zip and set up it.
– TWRP: press Set up, to find the customized ROM zip. Swipe to put in it.
> don’t press any buttons except all recordsdata are put in.
- After the ROM is flashed, repeat step 12 and set up the Gapps zip too.
- When all information are put in, return to the primary customized Restoration display menu.
- Reboot the Galaxy S2 I9100 in customary mode now.
– be aware that the primary boot course of takes some time to complete, which is why you must wait except all recordsdata are loaded as it should be.
– if the instrument doesn’t go previous the Samsung boot animation, then it is important to energy off the cellphone after which repeat the whole tutorial once more. Be sure to not skip any steps.
- When the PACman Android four.three JB ROM does set up accurately in your cellphone you are going to see the house display. Enter your Google Account data and take keep watch over over its capabilities.
That’s it, you’ve completed the educational and now you could start checking out this new customized ROM.
For any further assist, use the feedback container and we will be able to give you options for any form of downside you come across all the way through the set up.
Additionally, should you don’t like this new customized ROM, then which you could all the time make a choice to revive the telephone to its earlier OS the use of the customized Restoration Mode and the recordsdata created in step 7.