OmniROM is a brand new custom ROM that you can flash for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 T-Mobile. Read this tutorial and you should be able to complete the installation in no time.
The OmniROM is a project developed by XDA members XplodWild, Chainfire and other contributors. It is based on Android 4.3 custom ROM, it comes with tons of new features such as multi-window, roadrunner mode, integrated performance controls, daydream tweaks and multiple others. If you want to be able to complete this installation successfully at your first attempt, then you should take a look at the preparation guide below.
Here’s what you need to know before installing OmniROM Android 4.3 experimental ROM for your TMO Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device:
- This article works exclusively with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number T889.
- Do not attempt to update any other devices using the files listed in this post.
- For this new ROM to flash correctly you will need to own a TMO Galaxy Note 2 that’s factory unlocked and rooted.
- Also, your device has to run a custom Recovery Mode such as TWRP or CWM. Without these you cannot flash the OmniROM build.
- A Factory Reset is required for your smartphone, which will remove all contents from your system partition.
- Factory Reset doesn’t affect the internal nor external storage of your phone.
- Backup data from installed applications using the following tools for Android: Helium – link here, or Titanium Backup – link here.
- If you want to backup data such as SMS text messages, Call Logs info or APN Internet Settings, then you can use the following small tools for Android: SMS backup & restore Join the telephone to your PC after which switch each zip recordsdata to its interior storage.
– disconnect the TMO Galaxy Word 2 from laptop when the information are copied efficiently.
- Energy off your tool.
- Boot the telephone in Customized Restoration Mode.
– it may be executed for those who press Extent Up, Residence and Energy on the comparable time.
– free up the buttons when the CWM / TWRP Restoration Mode major menu seems.
- Create the NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s at present put in for your tool:
– CWM: choose the ‘backup and restoration’ possibility. Retailer the file to your cellphone.
– TWRP: faucet on the Backup possibility, rename the file. Swipe to verify backup course of.
- Now, practice Manufacturing facility Reset:
– CWM: Make a selection ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’ possibility and make sure.
– TWRP: press Wipe, swipe to substantiate manufacturing facility reset.
> in the event you don’t manufacturing unit reset your instrument, then the brand new ROM would possibly now not boot appropriately in standard mode.
- Now, flash the OmniROM Android four.three customized construct:
– CWM: make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’. To find the customized ROM zip file verify the set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, then to find the OmniROM file. Verify via swiping the blue button.
> don’t press any buttons except all information are put in.
- When the ROM completes the set up, repeat step eight moves to flash the Gapps file.
- After you put in each zip information return to the principle customized Restoration monitor.
- Reboot your tool now in standard mode.
– notice that the primary boot course of would possibly take some time to load all information.
– if the primary boot doesn’t full in underneath ten minutes then you definately want to repeat all the tutorial.
- Enter your Google Account small print when the brand new OmniROM residence monitor seems. Take keep an eye on over your smartphone and inform us in feedback in the event you in finding any fascinating new options.
You probably have every other questions, then you definitely will have to ask them in feedback. Just remember to intently apply all steps and that you simply don’t skip any of them.
Needless to say this isn’t a remaining construct of OmniROM and that there’s nonetheless a variety of work beforehand, so you may to find some error and bugs whereas trying out it.
Should you don’t like the brand new ROM, then you could all the time repair your instrument to its earlier ROM the usage of the file created in step 6.