Experimental OmniROM based on Android 4.3 has been launched for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus International phone. This is a brand new project that has been developed mainly by XplodWild, Chainfire and other more. If you closely follow the info listed below, then you should be able to confirm the process without bricking the device nor losing any data from internal storage in the process.
OmniROM Android 4.3 experimental build will add support for multi-window, multiple workspaces, roadrunner mode, DayDream improvements and other more. Get more info about this new custom ROM here, at the developer’s web page. Read the guidelines below before starting the updating process:
- Use this tutorial only for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus model number I9250.
– don’t try to flash the unofficial OmniROM files you find in this post on any other different Android device, as you will end up bricking it.
- For this guide to work, you will need to own a Galaxy Nexus that is factory unlocked, rooted and running a custom Recovery image.
- In order to successfully install a new ROM, it is always recommended to apply the ‘factory reset’. This will ensure that you’ll perform a clean installation.
- Factory Reset will delete all contents from the System partition, which means that you will be forced to backup some data from your device.
– factory reset doesn’t delete data from internal storage.
- Backup data from installed apps using the Helium (here) or Titanium Backup (here) tools.
- SMS, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings can be saved using the following apps for Android: SMS backup & restore Join your software along with your PC, then transfer each recordsdata in your cellphone’s interior storage.
– disconnect the smartphone from laptop when the switch is finished.
- Energy off your telephone now.
- Subsequent, boot the tool in Restoration Mode.
– press and hang Quantity Down and Energy to load Bootloader Mode.
– press Extent Up except you see the RECOVERY choice listed and press energy in addition customized Restoration Mode.
- Whilst you’re on the major CWM / TWRP Restoration display, create a full NANDROID Backup for the put in ROM:
– CWM: choose ‘backup and repair’ menu and shop the file to your telephone.
– TWRP: press Backup, rename the file and make sure the backup course of.
- Now, observe the manufacturing unit reset to your tool:
– CWM: make a choice ‘wipe information/ manufacturing unit reset’. Ascertain.
– TWRP: press Wipe, swipe to verify manufacturing facility reset.
> should you don’t practice this step then the cellphone would possibly now not boot in standard mode.
- Subsequent, set up the brand new customized ROM:
– CWM: make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’. In finding the OmniROM Android four.three zip. Verify the set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, then to find the customized ROM zip. Swipe to substantiate the method.
- After the ROM is put in, repeat the step eight and flash the Gapps zip too.
- When each information are put in, return to the principle customized Restoration reveal.
- Reboot your smartphone now.
– for CWM use the ‘reboot machine now’, whereas for TWRP you want to press Reboot, then Gadget.
– wait except the primary boot technique of this new ROM completes.
- Take regulate over your cellphone by way of getting into the Google Account small print.
- Begin checking out the brand new ROM after which inform us in feedback in the event you to find any new options that aren’t listed on this publish.
If the primary boot course of doesn’t full or in case the cellphone enters right into a boot loop, then you are going to be compelled to repeat all the tutorial as soon as once more. Be sure you ask for extra assist in feedback in the event you can’t full this tutorial.
When you don’t like the brand new ROM, then which you could at all times select to revive your Galaxy Nexus to its earlier state the use of the ROM backup file created in step 6.