Android 4.3 has been available from a while now, so the third party devs had managed to develop custom ROMs based on the same. These ROM are now rolled out for almost all the Android powered handset out there and the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 couldn’t be left aside. So, if you want to install the latest Android firmware on your smartphone, then you will have to choose a suitable custom ROM. In order to help you out, during the present tutorial I will teach you how to flash the Android 4.3.1 based PSI custom software on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2.
But which are the best custom ROMs based on Android 4.3 available for your T-Mobile Galaxy S2? Well, since now we have the CM10.2 platform, the Carbon system and the Dirty Unicorns firmware and of course the present PSI ROM. All these updates are unofficial ports of the Android 4.3 OS, so you are dealing with unofficial updates that have nothing to do with Samsung, T-Mobile or Google. Now, if you want to test the PSI software you should know that the same is based on CM10.2 firmware, so features from the mentioned platform will be ported to your Galaxy S2.
Also, PSI comes with a custom version of Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean OS that will smoothly run on your T-Mobile SGS2. PSI has two pre-installed launchers, Nova and Apex, and also has extra features and capabilities included. These features can be used for speeding up the Galaxy S2, for improving the battery life and also for bumping the performances of the mentioned device. The best is that PSI has no bugs or things that aren’t working, the system being optimized and customized just for the T-Mobile variant of the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number T989.
As mentioned, we are dealing with a custom ROM, so the PSI Android 4.3.1 firmware can’t be OTA or by using KIES applied on your SGS2. Because of that, in order to succeed with the update operation you will first have to take care of the pre requisites tasks. The same are referring to the following aspects:
- Your smartphone must be rooted, or else the CM10.2 based PSI Android 4.3.1 software can’t be installed. So, root your T-Mobile S2 before applying anything else on your phone.
- Install a custom recovery image, because the same is being required on the flashing procedure. I recommend you to use CWM recovery as the same is the most popular and used custom recovery for Android.
- Backup the Galaxy S2 data because a wipe will be required. You will have to wipe the system and clear the cache so all the data that is saved on the internal storage will be lost. Because of that, you need to consider in saving all the data and info that is important to you.
- If CWM recovery is installed use the same and make a Nandroid Backup.
- Also, use our dedicated step by step guide and learn how to backup the EFS folder.
- Make sure that a computer or notebook can be used on this tutorial; also ensure the same for your handset and for its USB cable.
- On both computer and device disable the antivirus protection; do the same for all the security tools that are installed on your devices. Do that because in some cases the security programs are interfering with the update process.
- On your phone go to “menu -> settings -> developer options” and check the USB debugging option; else you won’t be able to properly connect your smartphone with your computer.
- Finally, charge the battery of your device because you don’t want to see how it gets turned off in the middle of the update operation; do that especially if there is less than 60% power left.
Be careful when gaining root access because the warranty of your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 will get void. This is happening each time you are applying unofficial operations, but don’t worry as if you use a suitable step by step guide all the unpleasant situations will be avoided. The warranty can also be restored as soon as you downgrade your handset to stock Jelly Bean firmware. Also, do note that a custom recovery image can be flashed only on a rooted system. And remember that this guide is compatible only with the T-Mobile model of the Samsung Galaxy S2 – T989. Applying the Android 4.3.1 based PSI firmware by using the next steps on a similar or different phone will probably brick your Android powered device.
- From here download the PSI update file.
- Also, from here download the Google apps package.
- You will have to flash Google apps separately as the package is not included on the Android 4.3.1 update.
- You need to save all these files on your computer.
- Don’t unzip the files, just place it on desktop.
- Now connect your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 with the computer.
- Of course use the USB cable in order to establish the connection.
- Then, take all the downloaded files from desktop and transfer the same on your phone’s SD card.
- After that, disconnect the devices by removing the USB cable.
- Reboot your handset in recovery mode – first turn off your phone and then use this tutorial.
- Up next, from recovery select the following: “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” – remember to backup the data first.
- Return, select “advance” followed by “wipe dalvick cache”.
- From main menu of recovery choose “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Select or pick the update file and flash the same.
- Repeat the process and install Google Apps package.
- Return to recovery and when done select “reboot system now”.
- If your smartphone is getting stuck in a boot loop, return to recovery and select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”; select “reboot system now” and you are done.
- If there are problems, resolve the same by using this tutorial.
Congratulations you might have up to date your T-Cell Samsung galaxy S2 T989 to Android four.three.1 with PSI customized ROM firmware. The tool is according to CM10.2 so you’ll in finding among the options incorporated on the CM platform. Anyway, simply supply it a are attempting after which return right here for sharing your impressions with us.