Necessities: Android 2.1+
Overview: Were you aware that your cellular can talk US English? Have Grace learn aloud texts out of your e-e book, navigation, translation and different apps in a US English feminine, top quality and pure-sounding voice powered by way of SVOX.
Were you aware that your cell can discuss US English?
Have Grace learn aloud texts out of your e-e book, navigation, translation and different apps in a US English feminine, prime quality and pure-sounding voice powered by way of SVOX.
When mixed with TTS-enabled apps, Grace can:
– provide guidance, permitting you to maintain your eyes on the street if you are using
– learn a notification containing the caller / sender’s identify, and browse the content material of an incoming name / sms / mms / electronic mail
– learn aloud your favourite e-books or pdf paperwork
– will let you examine English by means of studying aloud the fitting pronunciation
and far more… the probabilities are limitless!
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.
NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!
=== WARNING!!!! ===
Android 4.0 (ICS) is currently NOT supported.
In case you have an Android ICS 4.0, please wait for our next release (COMING SOON!)
== INSTRUCTIONS ==
1. Install and run the voice app once
2. Install free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine
3. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen.
Select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
4. Run the voice app, click “Continue”, then follow the instructions.
5. Your SVOX Voice main screen will be now visible. Don’t forget to try the new pronunciations correction feature (‘pencil’ icon)!
6. Download other free / paid apps to combine our voice with. For example, you could try: Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later, only with Navigation < 5.9), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice, Pocket Blonde…
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/faq/ for a list of frequently asked questions.
And now … enjoy your new SVOX voice!
== PRONUNCIATION CORRECTION FEATURE – HOW TO ==
1. Run the voice app
2. Click on the ‘pencil’ icon. The pronunciation correction screen will now be shown.
3. Tap on the Android menu key and select ‘Help’
== NOTES ==
1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
Compatible with Google Navigation version < 5.9
2. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voices.
Solved issues for specific devices
Less description »
Latest version: 3.0 (for Android version 2.1 and higher, supports App2SD)