The AT&T and Canadian variations of the Samsung Galaxy Mega (variation numbers I527 and I527M) can now be simply rooted as a root toolkit has simply been made on hand. This new toolkit is offering an one-click on root answer that may be safely utilized for the Galaxy Mega (in truth for the entire Galaxy Mega versions, together with the Canadian and AT&T fashions) on any firmware, so when you had been taking a look into unchaining the device of your smartphone, now it is possible for you to to take action. If you would like to analyze extra elements about this topic, then don’t hesitate and test the strains from under.
Gaining root get entry to is perhaps one of the essential operation to operate on an Android primarily based handset. Why? Smartly this is step one to make when seeking to tweak your tool. Subsequently, if you wish to use your Galaxy Mega on full energy with out coping with manufacturing unit and default restrictions, you’ll first must root its gadget. However that’s now not all; the foundation get entry to manner which you can then install a custom recovery image on your phone, you can update the same with a custom ROM firmware, apply a custom Kernel, overclock the CPU, remove bloatware, upgrade battery life, improve speeds, power up the performances and lot more.
As you can see, there are many advantages that are coming once you start to root your AT&T and Canadian Galaxy Mega (I527 and I527M) and if you ask me, if you are an advanced Android user, then gaining root access is not an option for you. Anyway, before starting the proper root guide you should know that this tutorial (like any other root solution that is available on the web) is not presenting an official operation. So, unfortunately by gaining root access the binary flash counter of your Galaxy Mega will be increased; what does it means? In a few words: the warranty of your device is getting voided.
The warranty gets voided because when rooting you are interfering with the factory and default restrictions that are installed on your AT&T Galaxy Mega. That’s why the binary flash will be increased, so if something bad happens the provider from where you have bought your handset will know that you have applied an unofficial operation that bricked your phone. Don’t worry, as you can already tell, the binary flash counter can be reset. In order to do so you will have to downgrade your Galaxy Mega to stock Android OS, or you will have to apply an official Android update on your smartphone. Then, the root access will be revoked and the factory restrictions reinstalled.
Usually, the root methods are complex ones and for completing the same you need to use complex tools that are usually damaging the system of your Galaxy Mega. But now, by using this new one-click root solution, you will be able to root your Mega without worrying about anything else. The one-click root method is safe and works perfectly for the Canadian, AT&T and other versions of the Samsung Galaxy Mega.
So, until now we know the following: this is a one click root method that has been made available by third party devs (those of xda-developers – don’t forget to thanks them for the present tutorial); the root solution is compatible with almost all the models of Samsung Galaxy Mega (including AT&T I527 and I527M Canadian versions) running on any Android firmware; the root operation is not official so the warranty of your phone will get void; you can revoke root and restore the warranty by downgrading / updating with official / stock Android software.
Good; furthermore, you need to complete the next lines if you want to safely complete this step by step guide.
- First off all check the battery status of your smartphone: if there is less than 50% power left, take your time and plug in the charger; else you can skip this step.
- Do ensure that your phone has enough battery power or else your Mega might get turned off during root – you will risk in bricking your handset if that happens.
- Then, go to path “menu -> settings -> developer options” and check if the USB debugging option is enabled or not; if the mentioned option isn’t checked, ensure that you enable it before going any further.
- A computer will be required; on the same you will install the one-click root tool.
- In some cases the antivirus tools are interfering with the root process; so for avoiding the unpleasant situations, before applying the steps from below, deactivate the security protection that is running on your PC; don’t worry your computer will not get infected on the root process.
- It’s important to backup the data that is saved on the internal storage of Samsung Galaxy Mega. When gaining root access, the data might get corrupted or even wiped out.
- At least back up the contacts list, the call logs, market apps, personal info, accounts and basically everything else that might be useful for you afterwards.
- Remember that this root guide is suitable and compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Mega model number I527 and I527M, so don’t apply the steps from below in case you own a similar or different Android based tablet or smartphone.
- On your computer you first have to download the required files.
- So, from here download the one-click root tool.
- Save it on desktop.
- Unzip the root package and install the same on your computer.
- The Samsung USB drivers must be installed on your PC; you don’t have it, use Samsung KIES which will install the drivers automatically.
- Now, on your computer run the root toolkit.
- Connect your Galaxy Mega with the computer.
- Use the phone’s official USB cable for establishing the connection.
- Now, from the root program click on the “root” button.
- The tool will run the rooting scripts and will install SuperSU.
- In the end, you handset will reboot automatically.
- Then, you will be able to remove the USB cable as you are done.
Take note that the first boot will take longer to complete than usually; but don’t worry because there is nothing wrong with your smartphone. Also, in rare cases, in the end, the handset might get stuck in a boot loop. Well, if that happens you will have to reboot your Mega in recovery mode; then you should use the restoration mode menu for choosing “wipe knowledge manufacturing unit reset” and “wipe cache partition”. At last, make a choice “reboot gadget now” and you might be accomplished.
Excellent job; you’ve got efficiently use the one-click on root resolution for rooting the AT&T and Canadian variations of the Samsung Galaxy Mega. Now which you can simply substitute the inventory restoration with a customized one, or that you could replace with a customized ROM firmware. Don’t hesitate and use the feedback space from beneath if you wish to share one thing with us.