XenonHD is a custom ROM based on Android 4.2.2 AOSP Jelly Bean and, you can use this post to learn how to successfully flash it for your Galaxy S2 I9100 device. Read the entire post and you should be able to install every file without bricking your device.
If you want to learn more about the XenonHD ROM and the team behind it, then you should take a look at the developer’s web page here. For this new ROM to install correctly on your device, you will first need to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this guide only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
– do not attempt to flash this custom ROM on any other Android smartphone, as you will end up bricking it.
- The Galaxy S2 you’re about to update has to be rooted, factory unlocked and running a custom Recovery image such as CWM or TWRP.
- In the ‘how-to’ part of this post you’ll find the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and this means that you will lose all data from system partition.
– factory reset doesn’t wipe data from internal / external storage.
- Backup data from installed apps using one of the following tools for Android: Helium (here) or Titanium Backup (here).
- Backup SMS, APN Internet Settings and Call Logs info using these Android utilities: SMS backup & restore Join your smartphone to your PC, then transfer each zip information to your Galaxy S2 inner storage.
– don’t unzip the information.
– after the recordsdata are copied which you can disconnect the tool from laptop.
- Energy off your smartphone now.
- Boot the Galaxy S2 into Customized Restoration Mode:
– each CWM and TWRP Restoration will work with this tutorial.
– restoration mode may also be booted by way of urgent and conserving Quantity Up, Dwelling and Energy buttons. Unencumber the buttons simplest when the customized Restoration display seems.
- Very first thing that you simply want to do is to create a NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s presently put in to your telephone:
– CWM: make a selection ‘backup and fix’, store the file to your telephone’s inside storage.
– TWRP: press Backup, identify the file and ensure the method.
- Now, follow Manufacturing unit Reset:
– CWM: make a selection ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’. Verify.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then swipe to manufacturing unit reset.
- Subsequent, set up the XenonHD Android four.2.2 customized ROM:
– CWM: choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’. To find the zip file after which ascertain.
– TWRP: press Set up, then to find the XenonHD customized ROM file. Ascertain the method through swiping the blue button on the backside of the monitor.
- After the ROM is put in you want to repeat step eight movements and flash Gapps zip file.
- When each are put in, return to the primary customized Restoration display. Reboot your smartphone now in standard mode.
- Enter the Google Account data when the XenonHD Android four.2.2 dwelling display seems.
In case the customized ROM doesn’t set up efficiently at your first strive, you then will have to repeat your entire tutorial. For some other questions, use the feedback container beneath.
If you don’t like how your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 works with the XenonHD Android four.2.2 ROM, then which you can all the time repair it to its earlier state the usage of the backup file created in step 6.