The Verizon LG G2 is a formidable Android based totally handset although essentially the most preferred smartphones are the Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z and now the Galaxy Notice three. Anyway, if that you may needless to say the CyanogenMod crew introduced that nightly builds of the CM10.2 platform can be made to be had for the LG G2 quickly; neatly, quickly is in truth now because the Android four.three based totally firmware has been launched by means of CyanogenMod. Sadly except now nightly CM10.2 has been rolled out just for the Verizon adaptation of the LG G2, so right through the next strains we can be checking on learn how to set up the talked about JB four.three powered gadget to your Verizon branded tool.
CyanogenMod is a free aftermarket distribution of Android gadget. Due to this fact, CM10.2 for Verizon LG G2 is a customized Android four.three replace that hasn’t been formally launched by using Verizon or LG. CM10.2 is an unofficial replace that incorporates nice options, apps and capabilities. In fact these options are additional ones – that can not be discovered within the default model of Android four.three. Moreover, CM10.2 additionally comes with customized appears, so the UI as a way to be put in in your LG G2 may not be an identical with the inventory one.
The very best and most necessary is that you should utilize the CM10.2 Android four.three options and capabilities for upgrading the battery lifestyles, bumping the speeds and bettering the performances of your Verizon LG G2. CM10.2 is even a greater device than inventory Android Jelly Bean four.three, so you may have all of the causes for flashing the identical to your tool. In truth, CyanogenMod is among the most liked customized ROMs from the Android customers, the firmware being to be had for nearly all of the Android primarily based smartphones and drugs available in the market, even though we’re speaking about mid vary, low vary or excessive finish gadgets.
Now, as talked about above, by means of the use of this tutorial it is possible for you to to flash the nightly construct of CM10.2 on the LG G2. This firmware is secure, comes with the entire options and apps which can be integrated on the CM platform and is optimized for the talked about smartphone; that’s why, with CM10.2 in your Verizon LG G2 you are going to now not expertise bugs, lags or issues that aren’t working correctly. Anyway, if you wish to practice the replace to your instrument you’re going to first need to handle the pre requisites duties from under.
- Root your LG G2 (use this guide if you want a root solution that can be applied on all the G2 models).
- Install CWM recovery or any other custom recovery image on your LG G2.
- Backup the data of your smartphone.
- Make sure that you can use a computer.
- Enable USB debugging option on your phone.
- Deactivate the security protection from both smartphone and computer.
- Charge your G2 if the battery level is under 50% of power.
Now, in order to detail the up mentioned steps, here is what you need to know; first of all gaining root access is being required because an unofficial update can be flashed only on unchained systems. Unfortunately gaining root access is also an unofficial operation which implies in voiding the warranty of your device. So, be careful, use suitable tutorials and try not to mess things up as the warranty will be lost. The best is that you can restore the warranty easily as all you have to do is to reset the flash counter by downgrading your Verizon LG G2 to stock Android OS, or update with an official OTA release of the same.
Good; furthermore, CWM recovery is being required because by using the same, or any other custom recovery image, you will flash the CM10.2 ROM via SD card. Do note though that CWM recovery can be installed only on a rooted LG G2. The backup operation is recommended because on the update operation a wipe must be applied. With the wipe all of your personal data, info and accounts will be erased. That’s why it is important to save everything that’s important to you before going any further.
Finally, USB debugging must be enabled (from path “menu -> settings -> developer options”) because you will have to connect your handset with the computer; you need to deactivate the security options and programs because these tools are usually interfering with the update operation and you need to plug in the charger because if your G2 gets turned off in the middle of the flashing process, you will risk in damaging its internal system.
Good; now you can safely being the proper guide. But before remember that nightly CM10.2 Android 4.3 Custom ROM is compatible only with the Verizon model of LG G2 –don’t use this step by step guide for flashing the same firmware on a different Android based device.
- The CM10.2 update file must be downloaded on your computer.
- The download link is here, so use the same.
- Save the file on your computer and don’t unzip the update package.
- Up next, connect your LG G2 with the PC; use the USB cord for establishing the connection.
- Now, take the downloaded file from desktop and transfer it on your phone’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cable as the computer isn’t useful anymore.
- Now, turn off your handset because recovery mode must be entered.
- Use this dedicated step by step guide for learning how to enter recovery mode on Verizon LG G2.
- From restoration you first must wipe the machine; simply choose “wipe knowledge manufacturing facility reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Choose “+++return+++” adopted by means of “boost” after which “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Another time, flip again to restoration mode menu.
- Make a selection “set up zip from SD card” and “select zip from SD card”.
- Decide the CM10.2 Android four.three firmware file and flash the ROM in your smartphone.
- In any case, return to major menu of restoration and make a choice “reboot machine now”.
Excellent; your work has been achieved which means that you’ve efficiently utilized the steps through step information. Due to this fact, now you understand how to replace the Verizon LG G2 to Android four.three with CM10.2 customized ROM firmware. Do share your expertise with us and after checking out the brand new device share the consequences too; use the feedback house from under you probably have questions or should you simply wish to speak with our group or with different customers.