If you want to customize and optimize the looks and performances of your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 then you must try the new version of HellFire custom ROM. This firmware, which is based on CM10.2, comes with great optimization settings, with extra and stock features, with a nice UI, new capabilities and important apps. Also, the ROM is based on Android 4.3, so the latest version of Jelly Bean OS will be flashed on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. So, if you have convinced you, then don’t hesitate and complete this tutorial.
HellFire is a free aftermarket distribution of Android 4.3, so the system has been developed by third party devs. Therefore, it should be clear for you that you will not apply an official update on your Galaxy Tab. The HellFire firmware has nothing to do with Samsung, so this new software will just replace your stock or official Android OS with a new and custom platform. As mentioned, HellFire is based on CM10.2 custom ROM which means that most of the features that are included on the CM10.2 system will now be installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100.
Don’t worry, HellFire Android 4.3 is stable, comes without bugs or things that aren’t working perfectly and since now the software has been tested on the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 by many users and all have declared that the ROM is smoothly running on their tablets. Of course the software will be coming with Auto-focus while video shooting, Titanium backup and restore and lot more features and capabilities from both CM10.2 and stock Android 4.3 so you have all the reasons for installing HellFire on your Tab 2 7.0 as soon as possible.
Now, the guidelines from this step by step guide will take you through the update procedure so if you want to make things right then stick to the present tutorial. Also, try not to mess things up by completing things without consulting my explanations because this is a complex and risky operation that can damage or even brick your tablet.
Root access will be required here because HellFire Android 4.3 can be installed only on unchained systems. Why? Mainly because we are talking about a custom ROM and not about a stock firmware; the custom updates needs to communicate with some in build apps and programs so you need to grand that access. So, gain root access for your Tab 2 7.0. Be careful when doing so as the warranty will get void – you can restore it if needed by downgrading your tablet to stock or official Android Jelly Bean OS.
After taking care of the root aspect, you need to apply other stuffs. First you need to know that HellFire Android 4.3 JB custom ROM can be installed only via CWM recovery. So, the first thing to do after rooting is to install CWM recovery on your Galaxy tab 2 7.0. Of course skip these steps in case your tablet is already rooted and installed with a custom recovery image.
A wipe must be performed and the cache must be cleared before starting the proper guide. Because of that a backup is highly recommended. If your handset is rooted and installed with CWM recovery then your work can be easily completed. There are many free distributed backup and restore apps available on Google Play and you can also use CWM recovery for making a Nandroid backup – by doing the same you can save the current ROM so in case you don’t like the new Android 4.3 based firmware, you will be able to restore the old Android system in just a few seconds and without dealing with complex update operations.
Good, now just make sure that you can use a computer or notebook. On the same it will be better to deactivate the security protection. Your computer will not be infected but the antivirus tools might interfere with the update procedure though. Your tablet and its USB cable will be required and your device must have more than 60% power left – if your Tab 2 gets turned off in the middle of the flashing operation you will risk in bricking your device. Also, a connection between the computer and your Tab 2 7.0 will be required so first of all, on your tablet go to “menu -> settings -> developers option” and enable the USB debugging option.
It is important to know that this step by step guide is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 model number P3100. Don’t use the next steps for installing Android 4.3 JB based HellFire custom ROM if you own a different or similar Android device.
- On your computer you need to download the following files: the Android 4.3 HellFire firmware (by using the link from here) and the Google Apps package (by going to this page).
- All the files must be placed on desktop.
- Don’t unzip any of the downloaded files.
- Now, connect your tablet with the computer because you need to put the files on the SD card of your tablet.
- Use the USB cord and establish the connection.
- Select the downloaded files from desktop and copy-paste, or drag and drop it to the root of your SD card.
- Then, unplug the USB cable.
- Take your Tab 2 7.0 and turn it off.
- Wait a few seconds and then reboot your handset in recovery mode.
- The restoration mode menu should be used for choosing: “wipe knowledge manufacturing facility reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return and make a choice “enhance” adopted by way of “wipe dalvick cache”.
- All over again return to restoration and make a choice “set up zip from SD card” and “make a selection zip from SD card”.
- Choose the replace file.
- Additionally, choose the Google Apps package deal.
- Set up the recordsdata to your pill.
- Wait whereas the method is operating and don’t press on the rest.
- In spite of everything, you’ll have to reboot your instrument by using picking “reboot device now”.
Congratulations; you will have up to date your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.zero to Android four.three Jelly Bean OS because the HellFire customized ROM firmware has been efficiently put in. The ROM is in response to CM10.2 so you are going to in finding many options ported from the talked about customized instrument. Anyway, use the feedback space from under if you wish to speak with us or with different customers that may need to use this tutorial.