The Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE model number I9505 has received the Android 4.3 official OTA Update recently. Now, we’ve got a guide that allows you to apply root for it. Use this tutorial to apply root and learn how to complete all actions without bricking your device.
Note that the new OTA Update by Samsung adds the latest KNOX Flags security and this guide will void the warranty. KNOX Flags are tripped by this root which will change KNOX 0×0 value to 0×1. Rooting is easy and you should be able to complete the entire tutorial without bricking the Galaxy S4 LTE.
First you need to take a look at the preparation guide below and learn how to correctly configure your device for the rooting process. Check the guidelines:
- Use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy S4 model number I9505. This is the LTE International model.
- Don’t attempt to flash this root on a different Galaxy S4 variant, as you will brick it. Also, don’t flash the files you find here on any other Android smartphone / tablet.
- CF Auto Root is the tool we’re going to use to apply root for your device. The version you find here has to be used on XXUEMJ5 Android 4.3 firmware.
- KNOX Flags are tripped by this root and you will lose warranty.
- Make sure that you have the Samsung USB Drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t then you can download them from here.
- Disable Samsung KIES software from running on your PC.
- Disable all antivirus applications too. These apps will interfere with the rooting process and Odin, the tool we’ll use to flash CF Auto Root for XXUEMJ5 firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- After you root the device there is a risk for the Android 4.3 XXUEMJ5 rooted to get stuck and being unable to boot in normal mode. That’s when you will be forced to apply a factory reset and the device will boot the new rooted firmware.
– usually such things don’t happen, but in case it happens with your device, then you should take a look at the end of this post, as you will learn how to wipe data and force the phone to boot in normal mode.
– factory reset deletes the system partition and you can backup data from installed apps using the Helium app from Play Store – link here.
- Sync Contacts info with your Gmail account. It will preserve all your saved phone numbers to your Google Account cloud storage. All phone numbers will be restored to your phone after you enter the same Google account info.
- Use this tutorial only if you’re an advanced user who wants to tinker with his phone. Don’t attempt to flash any files in case you don’t know what you’re doing or you don’t want to void the phone’s warranty.
- Do not blame us in case you brick the phone or lose important data in the process.
- Make sure that the phone’s battery has enough power left in it. If the charge levels are under 50%, then we strongly recommend you to charge your device, so that it won’t switch off while you’re in the middle of the rooting process.
- If you have any other questions, then you should use the field at the end of this post.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this post and learn how to root your device.
- Download the CF Auto Root for your phone from here.
- After the download is complete, unpack the zip and save the files on your computer’s desktop screen.
– you will get a file with the tar.md5 extension, so you shouldn’t extract any further than that.
- Download Odin3 v3.07 from here.
– extract its contents, then position all of them in a laptop ODIN folder.
- Energy off your instrument now.
- Boot the cellphone in Obtain Mode.
– it may be finished when you press on the similar time Extent Down, House and Energy buttons.
– unencumber the buttons simplest when the Warning! display seems, then press Quantity As much as verify that you just are looking to boot in Android Obtain Mode.
- Launch Odin executable in your pc.
- Now, join the Galaxy S4 LTE to your PC the use of the USB cable.
– if ODIN doesn’t become aware of the telephone, then you definitely must attempt to plug the software in a special USB port or re-set up the Samsung USB Drivers.
– if Odin acknowledges the tool, then that you would be able to proceed to your next step.
- First, click on the PDA button and cargo the ‘.tar.md5′ file, the one extracted in step 2.
– guarantee that Re-Partition possibility is disabled.
– don’t edit another Odin default settings and proceed to the next move while you’re prepared for the rooting course of.
- Press START for ODIN to begin the basis technique of your Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE.
– the foundation takes a number of minutes to complete, don’t press any buttons except that is full.
- After the foundation is full you’ll see the PASS messages proven by using ODIN, whereas your Galaxy S4 will reboot in standard mode.
These had been the steps you needed to take with a view to follow root in your tool.
If which you could’t full the foundation, then you definately must proceed to learn this put up, as you may discover a strategy to your drawback.
In case the ODIN app pressure closes, it freezes or it presentations any more or less error similar to FAIL, then the basis just isn’t achieved and it could be best possible so that you can eliminate the telephone from PC. Shut ODIN, eliminate the cellphone’s battery, then re-insert it after 5 seconds have handed after which repeat your entire tutorial as soon as once more. Sooner or later you must have the ability to practice root.
Ask for extra assist in feedback should you can not full root.
If ODIN says that the foundation used to be full, however the telephone is unable as well in standard mode and it will get caught on the Samsung boot animation, you then must observe a manufacturing unit reset. This course of will get rid of all contents out of your instrument’s device partition, however it’s going to boot the Galaxy S4 in commonplace mode.
Right here’s find out how to observe manufacturing unit reset on Galaxy S4 LTE the use of inventory Restoration Mode:
- energy off the software utterly.
- boot inventory Restoration Mode.
– in the event you don’t be aware of the way to do it, then use the information listed on this publish right here.
- make a selection ‘wipe information/ manufacturing unit reset’. Ascertain.
- when accomplished, return to the principle Restoration display and reboot the telephone.
- wait a few minutes for the boot course of to complete.
- enter your Google Account small print when the rooted Android four.three XXUEMJ5 dwelling reveal seems.
I am hoping that you simply’ve managed to root your software with this tutorial. Remember the fact that this information triggers KNOX Flags voiding the cellphone’s guarantee.