The Canadian customers of the Samsung Galaxy Be aware three can now safely root their new phablets and in addition set up a customized restoration picture on the identical as these of xda-builders had made to be had an acceptable root means for the N900W8 model of the talked about software. Additionally, together with the basis answer, the devs had launched a suitable variant of TWRP restoration that may be simply put in on the Galaxy Notice three, so all over the current step-by-step information I’ll convey you the right way to practice these operations in your handset.
With the intention to make it clear, the rules from beneath are being suitable with the Canadian and Latin American Galaxy Word three. So, it is possible for you to to make use of this tutorial so long as you personal the N900W8 adaptation of the phablet; anyway, if completely different don’t do that information as that you would be able to prove in bricking your smartphone. Just right, so that you would be able to root and set up TWRP restoration on the Galaxy Word three that comes from Rogers, Bell, Telus, Virgin, Wind Cell, Koodo, Mobilicity, Sasktel, Claro, Telcel, Sam, Videotron, Movistar and from different Latin American international locations together with Colombia, Peru, Puerto Rico, Argentina, or Mexico.
Rooting your Galaxy Observe three is very necessary as the foundation get admission to can allow different customization operations that may be utilized to your instrument. With root get admission to you might be mainly having access to the interior gadget of your handset because of this that you may simply tweak your telephone. Now, as you realize, for the U. S. variations of the phablet the foundation answer has been supplied from some time now. So it was once about time to look the identical launched for the Canadian Galaxy Word three.
On a rooted Notice three it is possible for you to to put in a customized restoration picture (we will be able to be checking on full the identical right through the traces from beneath), flash a custom ROM firmware, apply a custom Kernel, overclock or undervolt de CPU, bump the speeds, upgrade the battery life, improve the performances, customize the looks and lot more. As you can see, gaining root access is not an option for you, especially if you are an advanced user who wants to use its Galaxy Note 3 on full power.
Now, similar, installing TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note 3 N900W8 is being required if you want to apply unofficial updates, kernels and so on. TWRP recovery also comes with features and options that can be used for backing up the data and the current ROM, for wiping the system, for clearing the cache, for installing .zip files from the SD card, and many others. TWRP recovery represents the touch version of CWM recovery, which is one of the most used custom recovery used by Android users from around the globe. Do note that the stock recovery image that is coming pre-installed on the SGN 3 can’t be used if you want to tweak your smartphone.
Unfortunately the root operation isn’t official. What that this means? Well, basically, when gaining root access the binary flash counter is being increased, this implying in voiding the warranty. This aspect can’t be avoided since the root access will remove the default and the factory restrictions from your Note’s internal system. Usually, the warranty can be restored if the flash counter is reset. Also, usually the flash counter can be reset by downgrading / updating the device to stock / official Android OS. Unfortunately due to dedicated restrictions, the Galaxy Note 3 binary flash counter can’t be reset at least not until now. Don’t worry though as the third party devs will soon find a way to use for restoring the warranty on rooted SGN 3.
Since the operations you are about to complete are unofficial ones, before going any further I recommend you to backup the data that is stored on your Canadian Galaxy Note 3. Actually only the data which is saved on the internal storage memory as it might get corrupted or even wiped out during the root process or while you are trying to install TWRP recovery. So, use backup and restore apps from Google Play and save everything that is important to you.
On the other hand, for the present step by step guide you will have to prepare the following things:
- A computer on which you have to deactivate the antivirus, antimalware and Firewall protection.
- Also, if there are any other security tools installed, deactivate or uninstall the same as the programs might interfere with our work.
- Your Canadian SGN 3 model number N900W8 and its official USB cable because you will have to connect your device with your computer.
- Because of that, on your phablet you will have to enable or check the USB Debugging option; you can do so by heading to path “settings -> applications -> development”.
- Furthermore, since you will root and install TWRP recovery on the same guide, the installation procedure will take a few minutes to complete. Therefore, you handset must stay “alive” during the process or else you will risk in bricking your beloved gadget; so for avoiding the unpleasant situations, charge the battery of your Note before starting the proper guide from below.
Do remember though (it’s extremely important) that the present root solution is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 model number N900W8. That’s the Canadian and Latin American model of the SGN 3 which means that you can safely apply the guidelines from below if you have bought your phablet from Rogers, Bell, Telus, Virgin, Wind Mobile, Koodo, Mobilicity, Sasktel, Claro, Telcel, Sam, Videotron, Movistar and from other Latin American retails.
How to Root Canadian Galaxy Note 3 N900W8
- On your computer download the root package from here and place the same on your computer.
- Unzip the package on desktop.
- On the same computer the GN 3 drivers must be installed; if not download Samsung KIES and install the same for flashing the required drivers.
- Finally, download Odin.
- Unzip, install and run Odin on your computer.
- Good, up next you need to enter your handset in download mode.
- For being able to do so, first turn it off. Then, wait a few seconds and press on power, volume down and home buttons at the same time.
- Now, connect your phablet with the computer via USB cable.
- Odin will “communicate” with your handset; if everything is working well, on Odin you will see the “added” message added and the ID:COM section turned yellow or blue.
- If not, you will have to unplug the USB cable and reflash the Note 3 drivers; then, repeat the step from above.
- Perfect; from Odin now select the option dubbed as “PDA”.
- Pick the root file from desktop.
- Don’t change the default settings from Odin; the re-partition and f.reset time options must remain unchecked.
- Click on “start”.
- The root operation will be over when the “pass” message will be displayed and when the ID:COM section will turn green.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and reboot your Note 3 as root access has been granted.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Canadian Galaxy Note 3 N900W8
- From here download the recovery image file.
- Save it on your computer and unzip the same.
- Odin must be installed on the PC as well as the GN 3 drivers (if not use the steps from the root method).
- Similar with the root procedure from above, run Odin on your computer, reboot your handset into download mode and connect the device with the PC by using the official USB cable.
- Select the same “PDA” option from Odin only this time pick the recovery image file from desktop instead of root package.
- Click on “start”.
- Wait while the installation procedure is running.
- Finally, in the end, unplug the USB cord and reboot your phablet.
In case your smartphone gets stuck in a boot loop:
- Reboot in recovery mode.
- Make a choice “wipe information manufacturing facility reset”.
- Additionally make a selection “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to primary menu of restoration via picking “return”.
- Make a selection “reboot gadget now”.
- Carried out.
- Do notice that if the primary boot is taking longer than you had been used to, there may be nothing flawed together with your handset.
In case Odin will get caught when you are seeking to root or set up TWRP restoration:
- Shut this system.
- Do away with the USB cable.
- Pressure restart your GN three.
- Reinstall the specified drivers on the PC.
- Launch Odin on the pc.
- Reboot the cellphone in obtain mode.
- Join the phablet with the pc.
- Resume the foundation or set up process.
Excellent; you’ve got efficiently accomplished the step-by-step information. Congratulations, now your Canadian Samsung Galaxy Word three N900W8 is rooted and put in with TWRP restoration. Subsequently, ranging from now that you can replace with a customized ROM, set up a customized kernel or make every other customized trade you wish to have. Ultimately, don’t put out of your mind to share your expertise with us or with different customers who may wish to use our devoted tutorial.