This afternoon, Archos unveiled a new lineup of smartphones, designed for the budget-minded buyer in all of us. The line is called Titanium, and if you’ll recall, Archos also released a Titanium lineup of Android-powered tablets shortly ago. The phones feature some good price points, but after looking at the specs, it might be hard to get excited.
There are four new phones in this lineup, the 40, 45, 50, and 53 Titanium. The names play off of the devices’ display sizes, with the 40 featuring a 4.0″ WVGA display, the 45 featuring a 4.5″ FWVGA display, the 50 featuring a 5.0″ qHD display, and finally the 53 sporting a 5.3″ FWVGA display. The resolutions on these devices won’t be anything to brag about, but again, if you are looking for a phone on a budget, then those are the corners you have to cut.
Each device runs a slimmed version of Android 4.2.2, complete with Google Play access, as well as some Archos proprietary software. All four phones run a MT 6572 dual-core processor with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of storage. Thankfully, each phone supports microSD cards, which you will probably need if you are only getting 4GB of space to store apps, photos, and music. The camera on each model is a 5MP shooter, with auto-focus and a built-in LED flash. As for batteries, the smaller 40 Titanium model features a 1500mAh battery, while the largest 53 Titanium device has a 2500mAh battery.
Needless to say, we still have pretty high hopes for the recently unveiled GamePad 2 the company is working on.
Google Certified Titanium smartphones feature multi-touch displays, dual-core processors, dual SIM support, powerful battery life, HSPA+ and more
DENVER, Colo. – October 17, 2013 – ARCHOS, a pioneer in Android™ gadgets, companions with MediaTek to unencumber the ARCHOS Titanium smartphone line, with 4 mid-vary totally featured smartphones with inexpensive costs beginning at ninety nine€. That includes a classy, straightforward-grip and slim physique design the ARCHOS Titanium smartphones embrace huge top quality displays with superb viewing angles, twin sim give a boost to with HSPA+ speeds for full service flexibility and 5 MP again cameras for taking pictures the very best image. Totally Google licensed, the ARCHOS Titanium smartphone vary run Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean, embody in style Google cell functions and have full get admission to to the Google Play retailer.
Actual smartphones for day-to-day use, the ARCHOS Titanium Smartphones provide the perfect consumer expertise with wealthy and brilliant coloured displays and the very best in expertise. Customers now have the flexibleness for his or her cellphone to be for each non-public and work due to Twin Sim fortify. These smartphones make day-to-day existence straightforward with get right of entry to to greater than one million apps by way of the Google Play retailer and robust batteries to take additional than only a single day of use.
“Our new Titanium smartphones make day-to-day lifestyles straightforward by using offering the whole lot you want wrapped up in a formidable, function wealthy cellphone bundle with a value that’s onerous to beat,” says Loic Poirier, CEO of ARCHOS. “Because of our new partnership with MediaTek and their reinforce, we’re ready to provide a spread of unlocked telephones at inexpensive costs with out shedding key options.”
“MediaTek is delighted that Archos has chosen the MT6572 3G+ platform as the root for its new Titanium vary of smartphones,” stated Siegmund Redl, Vice President and Normal Supervisor Company Advertising and marketing, Europe, at MediaTek. “The MT6572 integrates right into a single resolution a formidable 3G+ twin-core processor with evolved Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth and FM performance. Combining this with enhance for 3D Photos, HD in a position video and MediaTek’s Miravision show enhancement know-how, the MT6572 bargains an exceptional consumer expertise on Archos’ Titanium vary of smartphones.”
Every smartphone will embody key options similar to:
- Twin-Core CPU’s: The constructed-in Twin Core CPU make for a formidable smartphone on the way to maximize your social networking, internet searching, gaming and app expertise
- Twin SIM: Ultimately, a smartphone that enables the consumer final flexibility with managing more than one suppliers concurrently
- 5 Mega Pixels Again Digicam: Each and every smartphone includes a excessive decision digicam with auto center of attention and flash to seize each picture-worthwhile second completely
- 3G Connectivity H+ (21 Mbps): Expertise rapid downloads and sooner net looking irrespective of the place you’re
- Micro SD slot: Revel in a big storage capability with the constructed-in micro SD slot and Google Pressure 15 GB totally free (cloud storage)
- Lengthy battery lifestyles: The longer battery existence eliminates the wish to cost your cellphone day by day right through customary use removing the want to raise a charger with youGoogle licensed: Gives customers with get admission to to all Google services and products together with Google PlayTM, Google Cellular Products and services and multiple million apps
- A-GPS : Customers can get all European maps without spending a dime disposing of the wish to purchase an in-automotive GPS