DesignGears and Chainfire, XDA members and developers, have worked on releasing the Root de la Vega utility for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 smartphone. This will allow you to apply root for your device without tripping the KNOX flags.
Note that this tutorial only roots your T-MO Galaxy Note 3 smartphone while the bootloader will stay locked. This means that you won’t be able to flash any new custom ROMs, Recovery Images, Kernels or any other type of customization file. Also, it would be best for you not to update to any new Android OTA Update in the future as that potential new firmware version might not support any new root methods.
Note that for the root to be applied successfully the system partition and internal storage will be completely deleted. Make sure to remove the external microSD card before starting the root, as otherwise it will be wiped completely too. More info can be found in the preparation guide below. Make sure to read all the info that I’ve listed in this post and don’t skip any steps listed in the tutorial.
This is a very long tutorial and you should carefully go over all instructions before deciding whether to apply root or not for your Galaxy Note 3 phablet.
Here’s what you need to know before continuing to the firmware rooting part of this post:
- Use this guide only for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone with model number set to SM-N900T.
- Don’t attempt to flash the files you find here on any other Samsung Galaxy Note 3 variants, as you will end up bricking that device.
- Verizon Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V can be rooted with the same Root de la Vega method using this guide here.
- AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A Root de la Vega tutorial is here.
- Root de la Vega tool will install a custom and pre-rooted Note 3 AT&T firmware ROM that is based on Android 4.3.
- Bootloader will not be unlocked. This means that you won’t be able to flash any custom things such as new ROMs, kernels or recovery images. These can be flashed only on devices with bootloader unlocked.
- The warranty of your device will not be voided by this guide.
- KNOX Flags will not be tripped in the process and their value will remain at 0×0.
- Root de la Vega will wipe out every single file stored on your phone’s system and internal storage.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure to take out the external microSD card if there is one installed on your device.
– if you don’t remove it from your device, then its contents will be deleted. In the tutorial you’ll find a step that reminds you to do that.
- If you wish to backup data from installed applications then you can use the Helium tool from Google Play Store here.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer – link here.
– if you skip the installation of these drivers then your smartphone will not be recognized by ODIN, the tool that we’ll use to flash the root files.
- Disable or uninstall the Samsung KIES software, if it is present on your PC. This app will interfere with the installation process and you might not be able to complete root.
- Disable all antivirus apps from running on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Use this tutorial only if you’re an advanced Android user and don’t blame us in case you lose data or you brick the smartphone in the process.
- Backup important files from your phone before starting the root.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery has enough power left before it completely switches off.
- In case you cannot complete the root or you don’t know how to apply some of the steps listed below, then you should ask for more help in comments.
– also, you can visit the Note 3 T-Mobile XDA thread here for more info about Root de la Vega.
Since you’ve gone past all the guidelines above, then you can continue to the next part of this post.
Make sure to take out the external microSD card before starting the root process.
- Download the N900TUVUBMI7_VEGA.tar.md5 image file from here.
- Download the N900TTMBBMI7_CSC.tar.md5 image file from here.
- Download Root_de_la_Vega.7z archive file from here.
– after the obtain of Root de la Vega 7z file is full, you should definitely extract its contents and retailer the folder for your personal computer.
– the contents of this 7z archive are as following: root_de_la_vega.zip, Odin3 v3.09 executable and Odin3.ini (this one may now not express up when you’ve got ‘hidden folders’ enabled).
- Energy off your instrument now totally.
- Boot it now in Obtain Mode:
– it may be carried out by way of urgent and maintaining on the similar time Quantity Down, Dwelling and Energy buttons.
– free up the buttons when the Warning! display seems, then press Quantity As much as verify Obtain Mode.
- Launch Odin3 v3.09 executable in your pc.
– this app can also be discovered within the folder created in step three.
- Join your T-Cellular Galaxy Be aware three along with your pc by way of USB knowledge cable.
– look ahead to Odin to notice your tool with the aid of displaying the ‘introduced!!’ message after which get to the next move.
– if Odin doesn’t acknowledge the cellphone, you then will have to re-set up the Samsung USB Drivers. (obtain hyperlink is listed within the coaching information)
- Go to Odin window and click on the AP button, then load the N900TUVUBMI7_VEGA.tar.md5 file.
- Subsequent, click on the CSC button and cargo the N900TTMBBMI7_CSC.tar.md5 file.
– be sure that the Re-Partition possibility just isn’t enabled and that the Auto Reboot and F Reset Time choices are enabled.
– don’t alternate every other default settings.
- Hit the START button whilst you’re prepared for the flash course of to start.
– wait except are recordsdata are put in and Odin says that the method used to be achieved together with the fairway PASS field displaying up.
- When the telephone is rooted it is going to reboot in customary mode mechanically and also you will have to go away it related to your pc.
- Now, go to folder created in step three and extract the contents saved on the Root_de_la_vega.zip file.
– you’ll receive the next: ‘root information’ folder and root_de_la_vega.sh file.
- Be sure that your T-Cellular Galaxy Word three is hooked up to your laptop after which transfer each ‘root information’ and ‘root_de_la_vega.sh’ to your telephone’s root partition.
– don’t create a brand new folder in your telephone’s interior root partition, simply drag and drop the information.
- After the recordsdata are copied, restart the telephone.
- Wait unless the reboot course of is full after which return to the basis partition of your folder. Delete the ‘root recordsdata’ folder and ‘root_de_la_vega.sh’ file.
- Now that you just’ve deleted these information, restart your smartphone as soon as once more.
– this may follow root efficiently.
- After the T-Cell Galaxy Word three boots in standard mode, disconnect it out of your laptop.
- Go to Google Play Retailer and set up the Root Checker General app.
- Launch the Root Checker instrument for your tool and use the Check button to verify that the foundation used to be utilized.
- That’s it, now you simplest wish to energy off the tool and insert the exterior microSD card in the event you had one. The foundation course of is now full.
I am hoping that you just discovered this information helpful and that you simply’ve managed to use Root de la Vega means on your T-Cellular Samsung Galaxy Observe three SM-N900T smartphone.
For another questions or assist, use the feedback part under.