Revolution HD for Samsung galaxy S3 has been made available so if you want to flash a stable and impressive custom ROM firmware on your device, I recommend you to test the same. Even though the Revolution software for Galaxy S3 is based on Android 4.2 XXUFME7 OS (so you will not get an Android 4.3 powered platform) you will still receive the latest apps and features that are available on the Android market. Besides, many other extra features will be added the Revolution HD system being one of the most appreciated custom updates by the Android users.
For updating your Galaxy S3 to Revolution HD custom ROM you will have to complete this tutorial. The software can be installed only manually as after all we are dealing with an unofficial update and not with an OTA release of Android 4.2.2. Anyhow, don’t worry because the flashing operation is not hard to complete; actually the same can be applied in just a few minutes without using or operating with complex or risky tools.
The warranty of your Galaxy S3 will be voided though because this is an unofficial operation that has nothing to do with Samsung or with Google. Android 4.2.2 Revolution HD is being developed by third party devs and represents a free aftermarket distribution of Jelly Bean XXUFME7 firmware. However, we should thanks the Revolution team for the present step by step guide.
The Revolution HD firmware is stable and comes without bugs; furthermore, the software has resolved the bugs and issues from the stock XXUFME7 Android 4.2.2 OS therefore the ROM will smoothly run on your Galaxy S3. As mentioned already, the custom ROM will bring stock and extra features on your device and many other options that can be used for improving the speeds, customize the looks, optimize the performances, upgrade the battery life and so on.
Of course, you will be able to complete this tutorial only if your Galaxy S3 I9300 is rooted and installed with a custom recovery image, like CWM or TWRP recovery. These operations are required each time you try to apply a custom ROM on an Android based device so it comes something like default. Anyway, be careful because when rooting the warranty will get void since the system will be unchained. The warranty will get lost because the flash counter of your phone will increase; now, reset the flash counter (by downgrading / updating to stock / official Android OS) if you want to restore the warranty.
A default recommendation when talking about custom operations is the backup. Yes, it is extremely important to save everything that’s important to you because after completing this tutorial everything that’s saved on the internal storage memory will be wiped out. The backup can be easily applied by using free distributed backup and restore apps from Google Play. Also, you can use CWM recovery for making a Nandroid backup and for saving the EFS folder.
On the other hand, since this will be a manual update operation, for being able to complete the proper steps you will have to use a computer, your phone and its USB cable. Then, for avoiding the unpleasant situations, on both computer and Galaxy S3 you should deactivate the antivirus and antimalware protection (these tools might interfere with our work). Also, due to same considerations, your phone must be charged if the battery status indicates less than 50% power left (your handset might get bricked if during the update operation the Galaxy S3 gest turned off). Finally, for being able to connect the devices on your device the USB debugging option must be enabled; well, you can do so by heading to path “settings -> applications -> development”.
Good; now ensure that you are completing this guide only if you own the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300. The steps from below are being compatible only with the same, which means that if you apply the Revolution HD on a different handset you can end up in bricking your Android based phone / tablet.
- Go to this page.
- From there download the Revolution HD firmware that is suitable with your Galaxy S3.
- Good; save the update file on desktop.
- But don’t unzip the package.
- Use the USB cable and plug in the same for connecting your phone with the computer.
- Now, take the update file from desktop and copy-paste or drag and drop it on your phone’s SD card.
- Next, unplug the USB cable as the computer will no longer be used on the present operation.
- You now need to turn off your phone – completely.
- So, turn off and wait a few seconds before heading to the next step.
- Good; use the guide from here and discover ways to reboot your SGS3 into restoration mode.
- Then use the restoration mode menu for choosing “wipe knowledge manufacturing facility reset” and “wipe cache partition” – needless to say to backup the info first.
- Additionally, return and make a selection “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Once more, return to restoration menu most effective this time make a choice “set up zip from SD card” adopted by means of “select zip from SD card.
- You now want to choose the firmware file from the SD card.
- Then, observe the identical for your telephone.
- Wait whereas the set up process is working.
- At last, in any case choose “+++return+++”, “reboot gadget now” and you might be finished.
Congratulations you’ve discovered easy methods to replace your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with Revolution HD customized ROM firmware. Understand that the instrument is in keeping with inventory Android four.2.2 XXUFME7 OS and is coming with out bugs or considerations. Anyway, for those who don’t like the brand new Android platform, then in case you had made a Nandroid backup as indicated, you could make a choice to revive the earlier gadget with the aid of rebooting over again into restoration mode. Do observe that in case your S3 is getting caught on a boot loop after finishing the steps from above, you’ll have to make a selection “wipe information manufacturing unit reset” and “wipe cache partition” from restoration mode menu. For some other issues or considerations, share your impressions with us and with different customers with the aid of the use of the feedback house from beneath.