Do you wish to have to manually replace your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.three LTE I9205 to newest and inventory Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean OS? If this is the case, then you’ll have to use this step-by-step information, so one can exhibit you find out how to flash the XXUAMH2 firmware in your telephone. XXUAMH2 is the title tagged for the most recent unlock of Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean OS which has been OTA launched for the Galaxy Mega 6.three. So, with the aid of the use of this information it is possible for you to to get a steady Android gadget that’s reputable and OTA on hand.
However why to make use of a guide replace process for the reason that XXUAMH2 is already OTA to be had? Smartly in case you don’t be aware of, or in case you are a brand new Android consumer, when Samsung is rolling out respectable updates, the identical are being steadily pushed out, or in some circumstances the firmware is on hand simplest in restricted markets. On account of that, it’s possible you’ll need to cease ready and looking to follow the ROM manually. So, right here is when the academic will come in useful. Additionally, in case your Galaxy Mega 6.three is rooted or put in with a customized ROM, a guide replace process might be required as on rooted handsets the OTA releases can’t be noticed or put in.
As you understand, the closing legit replace launched with the aid of Samsung for the LTE variant of Galaxy Mega 6.three was once additionally Android four.2 Jelly Bean OS, however the model quantity XXUAMH1. The software though is buggy and there are several problems reported by the users. Therefore, if you want to enjoy a more stable variant of Android 4.2.2 on your Mega 6.3 then you must complete the guidelines from below for flashing the new JB 4.2.2 XXUAMH2 update. Don’t worry, the present system comes without issues and is more faster than the previous version of the same OS.
It should be clear for you that Android 4.2.2 XXUAMH2 is the official software that has been rolled out by Samsung for the Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE model number I9205. That’s why the warranty of your phone will not be voided by using this tutorial. Actually, if your phone is rooted now you will be able to restore the flash counter and bring the warranty back. Furthermore, since we are dealing with the OTA update, the same will work on both rooted (learn how to root your Mega by using the mentioned link) and unrooted Galaxy Mega 6.3 smartphones.
For completing this guide you will have to use Odin. Odin is a dedicated tool that is used on updates procedures (not only for that, but mostly you can apply stock firmwares on Samsung branded devices with this program). Odin is developed by Samsung so you will be using an official program not a custom one that can brick your phone. Anyway, even though everything is official on this operation, you still should be careful as if you somehow mess things up you will end up in bricking your Mega 6.3 LTE – just read all the guidelines from the present tutorial and everything will be fine.
Backup the data that is there on the internal storage memory of your 6.3; a wipe isn’t required but if something wrong happens you will be able to do the wipe anyway (more details about this are being offered below), so for avoiding the unpleasant situations, use suitable backup and restore apps from Google Play and save what you think that you might use or need afterwards.
Good; now do the following:
- A windows based computer will be required so you need to have access on the same.
- On the computer, the best will be to uninstall, or just temporarily deactivate the antivirus and antimalware programs – basically deactivate the security protection – the mentioned programs might interfere with the update operation.
- Make sure that your phone and its USB cable can be used.
- If your device has less than 50% power left, it is recommended to charge its battery before going any further; you will risk in bricking your phone if somehow your Mega 6.3 is getting turned off in the middle of the installation procedure.
- From path “settings – applications – development” you need to enabled USB debugging option on your phone; else you will not be able to connect your device with the computer.
This guide should be used only by the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205 users. Why? Because the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUAMH2 has been OTA released only for the mentioned handset. Unfortunately, if you choose to apply the guidelines from this tutorial on a similar or different gadget you will probably end up in having a bricked Android based device.
- In order to succeed with this operation, on your computer the Mega 6.3 drivers should be installed. If you don’t have the drivers, you need to download Samsung KIES for getting the same.
- Also, you will have to download the JB 4.2.2 XXUAMH2 firmware file on your computer; get the update package from here.
- Save it on desktop; then unzip the software file.
- Finally, Odin must be installed on the PC.
- So, download the file, unzip the same and then install the program; also, run Odin on your computer before going any further.
- Now, turn off your Galaxy Mega 6.3.
- Press power, volume down and home buttons simultaneously; in this way you will be able to enter in download mode.
- With the device booted in download mode and with Odin running on your computer, take the USB cable and connect both devices.
- Odin will try to recognize your handset.
- If everything works as expected, on Odin the “added” message will be displayed while the ID:COM section will be either yellow or blue.
- If not, it means something isn’t working properly; so close Odin, unplug the USB cable and try to reflash the drivers on your PC. Then repeat the process from above.
- Once everything is working as explained, from Odin select “PDA”.
- From desktop pick the firmware file.
- On Odin, the re-partition and f.reset time options shouldn’t be checked.
- Click on “start”.
- The update operation will begin; don’t press anything else while the process is running.
- When it’s done on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed; also the ID:COM section will now turn green.
- Disconnect your Mega 6.3 from computer and reboot your phone as you are done.
- Take note that the first boot will take longer to complete than usual; don’t panic because there is nothing wrong with your smartphone.
You might encounter two problems: a boot loop and Odin which might get stuck. In order to resolve the first issue you need to:
- Reboot your SGM 6.3 LTE in recovery mode.
- From restoration wipe the machine (this is the reason the backup is required) via choosing “wipe knowledge manufacturing unit reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Choose “+++return+++” and return to primary menu of restoration.
- Make a choice “reboot gadget now” and you’re accomplished.
However, if in case you have issues whereas the usage of Odin, you want to observe:
- Shut Odin for your pc.
- Dispose of the USB wire and disconnect the handset from the identical.
- Pressure restart your telephone.
- Re-set up the USB and Mega 6.three drivers in your laptop.
- Repeat all of the steps from the replace course of described above.
Excellent, now which you can say that the step-by-step information has been efficiently achieved. Neatly, congratulations as now you understand how to manually replace your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.three LTE I9205 to legit Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUAMH2 firmware. You will have to bookmark this information as a result of it may be used every time you want to repair to inventory Android OS (when you root your handset and need the guarantee again, if you happen to set up a buggy customized ROM, or if you would like to get to the bottom of another concerns); anyway, do check the brand new instrument with the intention to see the way it runs to your Mega 6.three. Then return right here and use the feedback house from under for sharing your impressions and ideas with us and with different customers that would possibly need to use and full the information from above.