In terms of house monitoring options, one title you could be conversant in via now could be Dropcam. Over the past few years they’ve been reworking their home video monitoring and do-it-yourself security solutions for the masses. Today, they’ve announced their next-generation solution known as Dropcam Pro that the company says offers great video performance, premium audio quality, better wireless connectivity, fast mobile setup and more.
- Stunning video quality – Dropcam Pro incorporates a six-element, all-glass lens, a first in the home monitoring category, and a larger image sensor to provide 2x sharper video during the day and 7x better performance in low-light conditions and at night.
- Wider field of view – Dropcam Pro supports an amazing 130-degree field of view – 20% wider than the prior-generation Dropcam.
- Zoom – Dropcam now offers pinch-to-zoom with an enhance feature that supports up to 8x zoom for Dropcam Pro and 4x zoom for Dropcam.
- Better audio – Dropcam Pro has a new microphone with double the sampling rate and a new speaker for sound that’s louder and clearer.
- Mobile setup – Get up and running without a computer.
- Dual band Wi-Fi – Dropcam Pro supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks for improved wireless connectivity.
- Activity Recognition (beta) – Using advanced computer vision and machine learning technology, Dropcam Cloud Recording can now recognize motion patterns in your video stream and group together like activities. Customers can name these activities and customize alerts for them.
- Bluetooth LE – Dropcam Pro integrates a low power Bluetooth LE radio that is used for mobile setup and allows Dropcam to integrate with additional devices.
That’s quite a few improvements from the previous Dropcam HD version we looked at back in July. When it comes to pricing and availability, Dropcam Pro retails for $ 199 while Dropcam HD will continue at $ 149. Both cameras are available through Amazon, BestBuy and the Dropcam website.