The official build by Carbon AOSP custom ROM based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now available for the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 smartphone. Use this tutorial in order to successfully apply the new ROM files for your device without bricking it.
If you want to learn more about this custom ROM, then you can read the Goo.im developer’s web page here. If you want to successfully update your device with this new Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Nightly ROM at your first attempt, then you should first take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this post only for the T-Mobile variant of Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Don’t attempt to flash the files you find in this post on any other Galaxy S4 models, as you will end up bricking them.
- Your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 device has to be rooted and factory unlocked. Also, it needs a custom Recovery such as CWM or TWRP for you to be able to flash a custom ROM on your device.
- The tutorial will ask you to ‘factory reset’ the device so that the new ROM will boot successfully after installation.
- The Factory Reset will delete all contents from your device’s system partition, which means that all data such as installed apps, contacts, SMS and other similar files will be removed.
- Backup system data using Helium app or Titanium Backup. Note that these apps should be used by advanced users.
- Backup SMS, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore Very first thing that you just want to do is to create a full NANDROID Backup for the already put in ROM.
– CWM: make a choice ‘backup and fix’. Store the backup to your cellphone’s inner / exterior storage. Ascertain the method.
– TWRP: press Backup, then make a choice the device partition information you need to retailer. Verify.
- Subsequent, follow Manufacturing unit Reset:
– CWM: make a choice the ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’ and ensure.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then Manufacturing unit Reset. Verify the method.
- Now that you may ultimately begin the set up of Carbon Android four.three Nightly on your T-Cellular Galaxy S4:
– CWM: make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’. To find the customized ROM zip information and make sure the set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, then to find the customized ROM zip file. Wait a couple of minutes for the set up course of to complete efficiently.
- After the ROM is flashed, repeat step eight and use the identical choices to flash the Gapps zip.
- When each recordsdata are put in you wish to return to the principle customized Restoration Mode menu. Reboot your smartphone now and look ahead to it to load the entire required recordsdata and apps for the brand new Carbon AOSP Android four.three ROM.
These have been the entire steps that you just needed to apply and full the set up of this new ROM. For those who’re having bother putting in this practice ROM in your Galaxy S4 T-Cell, you then must ask for lend a hand in feedback.
Additionally, if you happen to received’t like the brand new ROM options, then which you could at all times fix your tool to its earlier ROM the use of the backup file created in step 6.