If you need to install the stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS on your Sony Xperia Z then you should follow a detailed step by step guide from which you should learn how to manually flash the firmware on your device. Else, by using other methods, you can end up in bricking your smartphone; so for avoiding the unpleasant situations, ensure that you are applying a dedicated tutorial, just like the present one. During the lines from below I will show you how to easily update your Xperia Z to official Jelly Bean 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.2.67 software.
Flashing the stock Android OS might be required if you haven’t receive the Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.2.67 OTA on your Xperia Z, or if you have rooted your handset and now you want or need the warranty back. Also, this guide will be required by those who have bricked their smartphones or if you don’t like the custom ROM that is currently running on your Sony Xperia Z. As you can see this guide is more than important, so you might want to bookmark the same.
Android 4.2.2 JB 10.3.1.A.2.67 OS has been released by Sony for the Xperia Z but the software is only available in limited markets. Furthermore, as we are talking about an OTA release, the same will be made available in phases or gradually. Anyhow, if we are to talk about the ROM, you should know that it brings stock features, apps and capabilities to your Xperia Z. Furthermore, 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware is stable, comes without bugs and issues and is a perfect match for the Sony Xperia Z users who are looking for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean platform.
For completing this guide, root access isn’t required. Anyway, you can anytime learn how to root the Android 4.2.2 JB 10.3.1.A.2.67 system if you want or need. So, the firmware can be applied on both rooted and un-rooted handsets as we are talking about an official update and not about a custom ROM. Also, you don’t need to install a custom recovery image for replacing the stock one as Fastboot will be used on the update operation.
A backup will still be required because in some cases (rare ones) the users who have installed Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.1.A.2.67 on Xperia Z had declared that the data have been corrupted or even wiped out. So, avoid that by completing a proper backup operation. Use suitable backup and restore tools from Google Play and learn how to save almost everything that is stored on your phone.
After backing up the data, take a look on the list from below; there, you have the pre requisites list explained and detailed.
- A computer must be used because on the same you will have to install Fastboot and download the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.2.67 OS.
- Therefore, you will have to connect your handset with the computer; that’s why, on your Xperia Z you need to enable the USB debugging option. Do that by going to “settings -> applications -> development”.
- Also, the installation procedure will take a couple of minutes; because of that if your device isn’t charged enough it might get turned off in the middle of the flashing process. So, first before going any further, charge your Xperia Z if the battery status is lower than 50%.
- On your computer and on your phone you will have to uninstall or only deactivate the security protection; take care of all the security programs as these tools might interfere with the update operation.
- Don’t apply this tutorial unless you own the Sony Xperia Z. Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware has been released only for the mentioned device.
- From here download the update file.
- From here obtain the Flashtool bundle.
- Set up the flashtool application in your laptop.
- Situation the replace file on pc.
- Then, switch the .ftf file from personal computer on C:flastoolfirmwares folder out of your laptop.
- Don’t edit or alternate the file identify; simply location it on the talked about folder.
- Then, proper click on on the .ftf file and make a choice “proprieties” adopted via “unblock”.
- Join your Xperia Z with the pc by means of USB cable.
- Run flashtool.
- Click on on the “lightning icon” after which click on on “flashmode” to choose the choice of Adequate.
- Browse and choose the .ftf file from the flashtool folder.
- Click on on the flash button from flashtool.
- Wait whereas Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean OS is being up to date to your Xperia Z.
- In any case, unplug the USB cable and reboot your smartphone.
Just right job, your Sony Xperia Z has been up to date to reputable Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean OS; the firmware is dubbed as 10.three.1.A.2.sixty seven so test if the identical is working for your smartphone. Do remember the fact that that is the inventory ROM that comes with out bugs or concerns. In order that was once interested by nowadays; use the feedback house if you want anything and do speak with us in case one thing isn’t working as defined above; we will be able to attempt to enable you to as quickly as that you can imagine.