If Android 4.3 is what you want for your Galaxy S2 I9100, then you should try the new CyanFox custom ROM firmware. The platform is one of the most stylish Holo themed system available for your Galaxy S2 and while Jelly Bean 4.3 will be installed on your device, many other custom features and apps will be added, all for improving the performances of your smartphone. So, if you want to give it a try, use our dedicated step by step guide and learn how to update the SGS2 to custom Android 4.3 JB OS with CyanFox custom software.
As you can see, unfortunately there are no words related to an upcoming Android 4.3 OTA release for the Galaxy S2 I9100. Whether Samsung is planning to roll out the Jelly Bean 4.3 system for the Galaxy S2, or not, you can now install the same manually and without waiting for the OTA. Of course you will not get the stock Android 4.3 software, but at least all the latest features, capabilities and more will be ported to your phone. As you know, you have nothing to worry about, as the custom ROMs are bringing important apps for those who are willing to replace the stock Android experience.
In our case, CyanFox brings tweak possibilities, as you can use the firmware for upgrading the battery life, bumping the speeds, customize the OS, optimize the performances and so on. With CyanFox you will get list view animations, Paranoid Halo notifications, unread counts with new API (WIP), Advanced Recent Apps RAM bar, alternate App Picker and lot more. Do remember though that CyanFox is just a free aftermarket distribution of Android 4.3 which is developed by third party devs. So, flash the same on your Galaxy S2 only if you want to use an unofficial Jelly Bean 4.3 OS.
For completing this step by step guide it will be required the following tasks:
- A computer where you will place the download file – first as then you will have to transfer the firmware on your handset, so the SGS2 and its USB cable ale also required.
- Since you will manually download the update file on your computer, on the same you should first deactivate the security protection – in rare cases the antivirus, antimalware, etc. programs are interfering with the download process.
- Also, since this is a manual update operation, flashing Android 4.3 CyanFox on the Galaxy S2 will take a couple of minutes; because of that you should first plug in the charger. This is recommended especially if your phone has less than 50% power left.
- Finally, go to path “settings -> applications -> development” from where you should check the option dubbed as “USB Debugging” – else you might have problems when trying to connect your smartphone with the computer.
Those were the general pre requisites. Now, let’s see how to prepare your SGS2 I9100 for the update operation that will follow:
- Root your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. The root access is a must have when talking about updating with custom ROMs so don’t skip this step.
- Install a custom recovery image, you can use CWM or TWRP recovery (I recommend these apps, but you can flash any other custom recovery image) on your Galaxy S2. This step can be applied only if your handset has been previously rooted. Also, completing this task isn’t an option for you.
- Backup the SGS2 data because a wipe will be required. This operation is optional but I strongly recommend you to apply it, especially if you have important info stored on your device. Basically, everything that’s saved on the internal storage memory will be erased, so do consider in applying the backup.
- Make a Nandroid backup for saving the current ROM and learn how to backup EFS folder.
Good, but do keep in mind that once you root your smartphone, its warranty will get void. Therefore, be careful when performing unofficial procedures, as if something bad happens, or if you mess things up, then you will be by yourselves; there will be nobody to help you out. Don’t panic either because the warranty can be easily restored; for that you will have to downgrade your Galaxy S2 to stock Android OS.
Also, keep in mind that the present tutorial must be used only for updating the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100 to custom Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS with CyanFox custom ROM firmware. This software is compatible only with the mentioned handset, so using this guide on a different smartphone, will probably brick your Android based device.
- The first thing to do when trying to update with a custom ROM is to download the required files. In our case you need to get the firmware and the Google apps package.
- Download the Android 4.3 based CyanFox software from here and place it on your computer; don’t unzip the file.
- Download Google Apps package from here (it is not included on the firmware file so you will have to install it separately); also save it on your computer without unzipping.
- Then, connect your Galaxy S2 with the PC; use the USB cable for establishing the connection.
- Now, you need to place the downloaded files from your computer to your phone’s SD card.
- Do that and then disconnect your handset from the PC.
- Furthermore, turn off your device.
- Reboot it in recovery mode.
- After which use the restoration mode for wiping the gadget; you are able to do that by means of choosing “wipe information manufacturing facility reset” and “wipe cache partition”. Additionally, make a selection “enhance” adopted with the aid of “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Excellent; now return to restoration by way of choosing “+++return+++”.
- Now, from restoration choose “set up zip from SD card” adopted by using “make a choice zip from SD card”.
- First make a selection the firmware file and flash the identical.
- Then, make a choice the Google Apps bundle and set up the identical.
- Wait whereas the updating course of is working and finally, make a selection “+++return+++” and “reboot device now”.
- In case your S2 will get caught in a boot loop, you’ll have to enter the restoration mode yet again; this time make a selection simplest “wipe knowledge manufacturing facility reset” and “wipe cache partition”. Then return to major menu of restoration and reboot your handset.
- Do word: the primary boot will take longer than universal; don’t panic as a result of there’s nothing mistaken together with your smartphone.
Excellent, you could have accomplished the educational. Due to this fact, now you know the way to replace the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to customized Android four.three Jelly Bean firmware because the CyanFox customized ROM instrument has been efficiently put in. Anyway, you must check the brand new OS to be able to see the way it works in your SGS2. Don’t omit to share your impressions and ideas with us by way of feedback house from beneath.