The SlimBean custom ROM based on Android 4.3 is now available as a stable build for Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Read this entire tutorial and you should be able to flash all the files successfully without bricking your device.
This is a custom ROM that is somewhat smaller than other popular ones such as CyanogenMod, AOKP, Paranoid Android etc. However, it still packs the AOSP Android 4.3 Jelly and it adds its own features but it uses a whole lot less memory when compared to bigger ROMs. If you want more info about this release, then you can find it here.
If you want to flash this new custom ROM at your first attempt, then you should take a look at the guidelines below:
- This guide will only work for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
- Don’t attempt to flash these files on any other different Galaxy Nexus variant.
- Your device has to be on an unlocked bootloader, rooted and running a custom Recovery image such as CWM or TWRP.
- In the tutorial part of this post you’ll find the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ step. This is needed as you have to apply a SlimBean clean installation.
– factory reset removes all data from the system partition, while the internal storage will remain the same.
- If you want to backup data from applications that are currently installed on your device, then you should use Titanium Backup or Helium apps.
- SMS, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings can be backed up using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore don’t extract the contents.
– this file must be flashed with a purpose to add all Google-based totally apps that your tool desires.
- Join your instrument along with your PC now the usage of the USB knowledge cable.
- Transfer each zip recordsdata to your Verizon Galaxy Nexus inner storage.
– when the recordsdata are copied, unplug the telephone from pc.
- Energy off the smartphone now.
- Boot it into Bootloader mode after which into Customized Restoration Mode.
– each the CWM and TWRP Recoveries are working with this information.
- Very first thing that you just want to do in Restoration mode is to create a NANDROID Backup in your instrument’s present ROM:
– CWM: choose ‘backup and restoration’ choice after which keep the ROM Backup to your cellphone’s inside storage.
– TWRP: use the Backup choice, then make a choice the device recordsdata you are looking to shop. Ascertain the method.
- Subsequent, practice ‘manufacturing unit reset’:
– CWM: use the ‘wipe information/ manufacturing unit reset’ choice. Ascertain.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then Manufacturing facility Reset button. Verify.
- Now that you may at last set up the brand new customized ROM file:
– CWM: make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip kind sdcard’. To find the SlimBean toro four.three zip and make sure its set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, in finding the SlimBean toro four.three zip file and cargo it into TWRP. Swipe the blue button with a purpose to begin the set up course of for the brand new customized ROM.
- After the SlimBean Android four.three ROM is put in, it is very important repeat step 9 moves and flash the Slim_Gapps file too.
- When each recordsdata are put in that you may return to the principle customized Restoration display. Reboot your tool in customary mode.
– be aware that the primary boot means of this ROM takes someplace between 5 and ten minutes to load all recordsdata, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons except the house display seems.
- The Android four.three SlimBean Secure ROM dwelling monitor will load and also you merely must enter your Google Account information. Take keep an eye on over your instrument and begin checking out the entire new options and different vital recordsdata.
These had been the entire steps that you simply needed to take as a way to efficiently flash this new customized ROM to your Verizon Galaxy Nexus.
If the primary boot course of takes greater than ten minutes to load, the telephone enters right into a boot loop, then the set up was once no longer achieved. That’s why you’ll have to repeat your entire tutorial as soon as once more however, this time, just remember to follow all of the steps listed above.
When you don’t like this new ROM or the telephone doesn’t work as anticipated then that you can all the time use the ROM NANDROID Backup file created in step 6 and fix your Verizon Galaxy Nexus to its earlier state.