Carbon AOSP based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now available for the Google Nexus 4 smartphone. Use this tutorial in order to learn how to successfully update your device with this latest custom ROM.
Carbon ROM is based on AOSP Jelly Bean 4.3, AOKP, CyanogenMod and other similar and popular custom ROMs. More info about it can be found at its goo.im web page here or at their G+ profile page here. If you want to flash this new ROM at your first attempt, then you should first take a look at the guidelines listed below:
- this guide works only with the Google Nexus 4 smartphone.
- Don’t attempt to update any other smartphone with the zip files that you find in this article.
- Your Nexus 4 has to be on an unlocked bootloader, it has to be rooted and running a custom Recovery image like the CWM or TWRP ones.
- For the new ROM to install correctly, you will need to apply a factory reset.
– this will delete all the files that are stored on your system partition, files such as data from installed apps, SMS, Contacts and other similar ones.
- Backup info and data from installed applications using these apps: Titanium Backup (here) or Helium (here) from Google Play.
- SMS, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings can be saved using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore at the moment put in ROM the use of the the CWM / TWRP Restoration Mode:
– CWM: make a choice ‘backup and restoration’, then shop the backup to your cellphone’s inner SDcard.
– TWRP: use the Backup possibility and ensure the method.
- Subsequent, manufacturing facility reset your Nexus four:
– CWM: make a choice ‘wipe information/ manufacturing unit reset’. Verify.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then Manufacturing facility Reset. Verify this course of.
- Set up the Carbon AOSP Android four.three ROM now:
– CWM: make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’. In finding the customized ROM zip file and make sure its set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, then load all recordsdata into TWRP and swipe the blue button to be able to begin the flash course of.
- When the Carbon AOSP ROM finishes to put in all its information, it is very important repeat step eight and flash the Gapps zip too.
- After you be able to set up the ROM and Gapps recordsdata you will have to return to the primary Restoration reveal.
- Reboot your smartphone now.
– be aware that the primary boot course of would possibly take some time to finish, which is why you must wait unless full.
– if the primary boot course of doesn’t load the entire information, then you definitely will have to energy off the instrument after which repeat all the tutorial.
- When the house monitor of your Android software seems you will have to enter your Google Account small print.
- Take keep an eye on of your software and just remember to check all its options.
These had been the entire steps that you just needed to take with the intention to replace your Nexus four with the most recent Carbon AOSP Android four.three Nightly construct. In the event you can not full the academic, then you definitely will have to ask for extra assist in feedback.