Do you need or wish to downgrade your Moto X to inventory Android Jelly Bean OS? Smartly, if sure, then you definately want to observe and full the current step-by-step information. The explanations for finishing such an operation are many, as because the Moto X is a excessive finish smartphone, you may need to tweak it. Neatly, when making use of unofficial techniques, that you can harm and even brick your instrument. Additionally, if rooting and putting in a customized ROM firmware for your cellphone, you may turn out in working in a buggy device. With a view to unravel the problems, you’ll have to restoration the inventory / professional Android JB OS for your Moto X.
On a earlier step-by-step information I’ve confirmed you how to root your Moto X without unlocking the bootloader; well, now in order to revert – revoke root access – you will have to use the guidelines from below. As you know, when rooting, or performing other custom operations, the warranty of your handset gets void; well, if you need the warranty back, this tutorial will once more be more than helpful for you. As you see, downgrading the Moto X to stock Android Jelly Bean OS is something that you need to know; therefore the best will be to bookmark this step by step guide.
Good, now you know when it is recommended to restore to official Android firmware. The best is that this tutorial is compatible with all the Moto X models including the T-Mobile, US Cellular, Sprint, AT&T, Rogers and Verizon versions of the handset.
For being able to use this guide you don’t need to have a rooted device; also a custom recovery image isn’t required. Anyway, use this guide for both rooted and unrooted smartphones because the steps from below are compatible with both. Do note that this is a complex operation so you need to be careful in what you do; try not to mess things up and read all the lines from this guide, or else you can end up in bricking your Moto X.
The first thing to do before going any further is a backup. Unfortunately all of your personal info, data, accounts and so on, will be wiped out. Therefore you need to backup all of your data which is being saved on the internal storage memory of your device. You can use suitable backup and restore apps from Google Play for saving almost all you need; so take your time and apply a proper backup 9if possible make a Nandroid backup too).
Now, your Moto X is almost prepared for the installation procedure that will shortly follow. Just complete the pre requisites from below and then start the proper update operation.
- Make sure you can use a computer or notebook, your Moto X and its USB cable.
- On both computer and handset you need to uninstall / temporarily deactivate the security protection; programs like antivirus or antimalware might interfere or interrupt the flashing process.
- On your phone go to “settings -> applications -> development”; from there enable the USB debugging option; do that if you want to safely connect your phone with the computer.
- Since this is a complex operation, before starting to downgrade / restore your Moto X to stock Android Jelly Bean OS, you need to charge the battery of your handset – do that especially if you notice that there is less than 60% power left.
- On your computer Android SDK must be installed: learn how to install Android SDK on Windows, or learn how to set up ADB on MAC OS X / Linux.
- Also, on the same computer the Moto X drivers must be installed.
- Remember that this tutorial is compatible with all the models of Moto X; therefore you can safely use the steps from below if you have one of the following versions of the handset: Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, US Cellular, Rogers and Sprint.
- Download the RSDLite app from here.
- Save the file on your computer.
- Also, install the program.
- Get the Moto X stock Android OS from this web page.
- To your pc, unzip the downloaded replace file.
- Then, from the folder a good way to be created proper click on on the file with .XML extension.
- Make a selection “open with” adopted by using “notepad” or every other XML editor out of your pc.
- In finding the next string and delete it: “step operation=”getvar” var=”max-obtain-dimension”.
- Keep and shut the notepad window.
- Open the RSDLite software for your pc.
- Take your Moto X and fix your cellphone with the PC by means of USB wire.
- For your PC now open a command suggested window (begin -> run -> cmd).
- On the cmd window sort: adb reboot bootloader.
- Your cellphone shall be rebooted in fastboot mode.
- From RDSLite, click on on the three-dot browse file button and make a choice the .XML file.
- Up subsequent, click on on “begin”.
- Wait whereas the method is operating on don’t press anything.
- When the firmware is efficiently put in it is possible for you to to unplug the USB wire.
- Just right; now reboot your smartphone.
Excellent job, you might have downgraded / restored your Moto X to inventory / legitimate Android Jelly Bean OS. Subsequently, the step-by-step information has been efficiently achieved. Keep shut as extra tutorials appropriate together with your Moto X will probably be quickly developed. Anyway, finally, don’t fail to remember to make use of the feedback house from under for sharing your impressions and ideas with us.