Despite the fact that the Nexus 4 smartphone already runs the latest stock Android 4.3 AOSP, developers are continuing their work based on it and adding their custom builds to the multitude of custom N4 ROMs. Use this guide if you want to learn how to install the smallest Android 4.3 custom on such device.
SlimBean Android 4.3 is smaller than other custom ROMs and it is intended as an OS that uses a small percentage of your device’s memory. More info about it can be found here. If you want to correctly install this new ROM for your phone, then you should take a look at the preparation guide below:
- use this tutorial only for the Google Nexus 4 smartphone.
- Don’t attempt to update any other device with it.
- Make sure that your device has its bootloader unlocked, it is rooted and it runs CWM or TWRP Recovery image. Without these you cannot flash any custom ROMs.
- In the tutorial you’ll find the ‘factory reset’ step. This will delete all contents from your phone’s system drive, while internal storage will remain unaffected.
- If you want to save data from installed apps, then you can use the following apps for Android: Titanium Backup or Helium app from Google Play.
- Backup SMS, APN Internet Settings or Call Logs info with the following apps for Android: SMS backup & restore research.
– each CWM and TWRP Recoveries are working with this tutorial.
- First you want to create a ROM NANDROID Backup with a view to set a fix level to your smartphone:
– CWM: choose ‘backup and repair’, backup the file to your inside sdcard. Ascertain.
– TWRP: press Backup after which full the method.
- Subsequent, wipe information and manufacturing unit reset your Nexus four:
– CWM: make a selection ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’. Verify
– TWRP: press Wipe, then Manufacturing unit Reset. Verify.
- Now which you can set up the SlimBean Android four.three Secure ROM:
– CWM: make a selection the ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’ possibility. In finding SlimBean ROM and full the set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, then browse your inside storage for the SlimBean zip. Ascertain the method.
- After the brand new Jelly Bean four.three customized ROM recordsdata are put in, return to the principle Restoration reveal.
- Reboot your smartphone now into commonplace mode.
– notice that the primary boot course of takes some time prior to loading the entire required information.
– if the primary boot isn’t achieved in additional than 10 minutes, then you’ll have to repeat your complete tutorial with out skipping any steps.
- Enter your Google Account small print when the house reveal seems.
These had been the entire steps that you simply needed to take with a purpose to efficiently replace your Nexus four tool with a customized Android four.three ROM.
If you happen to don’t like this new ROM then which you could all the time use the NANDROID Backup recordsdata of your in the past put in ROM and restoration your tool to its authentic state.