The Galaxy S2 T-Mobile or ‘hercules’, as it is commonly known, received its own version of Carbon Jelly Bean Nightlies allowing you to upgrade it to Android 4.3 using this custom ROM. Read this entire guide and you’ll learn how to successfully update your smartphone with this new ROM.
This custom ROM has been designed by Carbon AOSP team and it is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Also, it borrows components and features from CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android, AOKP and other popular ROMs. If you want to learn more about this release, then you can read the info listed at the developer’s web page here.
Before starting the installation, take a look at the guidelines below:
- This tutorial works only with T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 with model number T989.
- Don’t try to flash the files you find here on any other different Galaxy S2 smartphones, as you will end up bricking that device.
- Your phone has to be factory unlocked and rooted.
- CWM or TWRP Recovery should be installed on it. Without a custom Recovery you cannot flash the Carbon Android 4.3 Nightly ROM.
- The tutorial will ask you to wipe data and factory reset the device. This will remove all data from system partition, while internal / external storage remains the same.
- If you want to backup data from installed apps, then you can use the following tools for Android: Helium (here) or Titanium Backup (here).
- Backup data from SMS, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore must be flashed after you put in the ROM, as it is going to add all Google-primarily based apps that your tool desires in an effort to run appropriately.
- Join your instrument together with your PC, then transfer each zip information on to its inner Sdcard with out extracting its contents.
- After the information are copied, disconnect the software from PC.
- Energy off the T-Cellular Galaxy S2.
- Boot the tool into Customized Restoration Mode.
– each CWM and TWRP Recoveries are supported with the aid of this information.
- Very first thing that you just wish to do is to create a NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s presently put in in your tool:
– CWM: make a choice ‘backup and fix’ choice. The backup must be saved to your cellphone’s interior or exterior storage. Verify the method.
– TWRP: press Backup, make a selection the gadget elements you wish to have to backup. Ascertain.
- Subsequent, manufacturing facility reset your instrument:
– CWM: make a selection ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’. Ascertain.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then Manufacturing unit Reset. Ascertain.
- Now which you could at last set up the Carbon JB Nightly zip:
– CWM: choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’. To find the ROM and make sure its set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, browse the interior storage for the ROM zip, load it, after which verify that you wish to have to put in it through swiping the blue button on the backside of the reveal.
- After the ROM is put in, repeat step 9 movements and set up Gapps file.
- When each recordsdata are flashed return to the principle CWM / TWRP Restoration monitor.
- Reboot your tool now in standard mode.
- Enter the Google Account important points when the Carbon AOSP JB Nightly dwelling display seems.
- Begin trying out all of its new options and features, the inform us in feedback how’s your instrument working with the emblem new ROM.
If the customized ROM doesn’t flash efficiently at your first strive, then you definitely must repeat all the tutorial. For any issues or if you happen to want additional steering, then you definately will have to depart an in depth remark on the finish of this put up. We will be able to attempt to give you an answer for you.
Just be sure you follow the entire steps listed above with out skipping any of them. The ‘manufacturing unit reset’ is required for such customized ROM to flash efficiently.
Additionally, in case you don’t like how this new ROM works together with your tool, then that you may at all times use the NANDROID Backup information of your earlier ROM and fix the tool to the way it was once prior to putting in Carbon AOSP.