Android four.three Jelly Bean OS is right here and will also be put in on the HTC Droid DNA. Smartly, even if I’m not speaking concerning the legit Android four.three replace, which you can nonetheless obtain the most recent Jelly Bean OS proper by yourself Droid DNA and all due to these of xda-builders who’ve made to be had the Carbon customized ROM firmware for the talked about smartphone. Subsequently, if you wish to have the most effective in your handset, then you definitely without a doubt should do that new customized replace; simply use the rules from beneath and the whole thing shall be superb.
If you wish to replace your HTC Droid DNA to Android four.three with Carbon customized ROM, you will have to first understand that the information is advanced and may well be hazardous in case you don’t apply the steps from this tutorial. It is very important make the whole lot as defined right here; else that you would be able to mess issues up. Due to the fact that we’re coping with a customized replace, in case you be capable to harm your telephone, you’re going to be with the aid of yourselves as we shouldn’t be held chargeable for the rest. Don’t fear although as the rules from under will simply take you in the course of the set up process of Carbon firmware.
The Carbon platform is in response to an important systems in the market; this can be a blended tool that’s according to CM10.2, AOSP, AOKP, ParanoidAndroid and SlimBean customized ROMs. Subsequently, if you wish to flash the identical for your Droid DNA, you’ll have to practice the extremely customizable Carbon ROM. The most effective is that Android four.three Jelly Bean is integrated so you’re going to be getting the newest options, apps and capabilities which are being to be had on the Android machine. Additionally, with Carbon ROM, your Droid DNA shall be powered up because the battery lifestyles can be upgraded, the speeds stronger and the Android expertise up to date.
For the reason that Carbon Android four.three is a customized ROM, for having the ability to flash the identical you are going to first need to root your Droid DNA. The warranty of your phone will get lost because the root operation isn’t official. Furthermore, by rooting the factory and default restrictions are being removed, so you will gain access over the internal system of your smartphone. For the future, it is good to know that the warranty can be restored; all you have to do is to downgrade to stock Android OS, or to update with an official version of the same. Do note that on rooted handsets the official releases of the Android system can be installed only manually.
After gaining root access it is important to install a custom recovery image, like CWM or TWRP recovery, on your HTC Droid DNA. You see, the stock recovery can’t be used when trying to apply the Carbon JB 4.3 custom firmware, so if you want to safely complete this tutorial, first take care of the mentioned task.
Finally, it is more than recommended to backup the DNA data, at least the info which is being saved on the internal storage memory of your smartphone. A wipe will be required (I will show you how to apply the same a little bit later) which means you can lose all that’s important for you – do save the contacts list, call logs, market apps, EFS folder and even the current ROM.
Of course, because this is a manual method, the following are being required:
- A computer or notebook, where you will have to download the update file.
- For avoiding the unpleasant situations, on the mentioned computer you need to deactivate or uninstall the security programs or security protection.
- Your Droid DNA must be charged or at least you need to ensure that there is more than 60% power left – else charge your device.
- From “settings -> applications -> development” enable the USB debugging option on your phone.
- Do perform this operation only if you own the HTC Droid DNA. The CM10.2, AOKP, ParanoidAndroid, SlimBean and AOSP based Carbon Android 4.3 JB custom ROM firmware can be installed (by using the steps from below) only on the mentioned Android based device; else you can end up in bricking your handset.
- Download the update file from this page.
- Save the firmware file on your computer.
- Place the software on desktop but don’t unzip.
- Connect your Droid DNA with your computer.
- Use the USB cable for establishing the connection.
- Pick the downloaded file from desktop.
- Copy-paste the file from your computer to your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug the USB cord as the computer is now useless.
- Turn off your handset.
- The recovery mode must be entered: learn how to reboot in recovery.
- From restoration initially wipe the machine through deciding on “wipe information manufacturing unit reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Select “develop” and choose “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Then from the identical restoration menu choose “set up zip from SD card” and “make a choice zip from SD card”.
- Choose the replace file and flash the identical for your smartphone.
- Finally, choose “+++return+++” and “reboot machine now”.
- In case your DNA will get caught in a boot loop, return to restoration and make a choice “wipe information manufacturing unit reset” and “wipe cache partition”. Reboot and you might be accomplished.
Congratulations you’ve managed to replace your HTC Droid DNA to Android four.three Jelly Bean OS. Now the Carbon customized ROM must be operating in your DNA; the instrument is in accordance with CM10.2, SlimBean, AOSP and ParanoidAndroid systems so you’re taking part in a formidable Android device. Do take a look at the identical and share your outcomes with us by way of the usage of the feedback space from beneath.