SlimBean now features a Stable build based on Jelly Bean 4.3 and you can use this guide in order to learn how to successfully install it on the Galaxy S2 I9100. Read this entire tutorial and make sure that you know what you’re doing before starting the installation.
Build 1 of SlimBean is the first stable release for this Android 4.3 custom ROM, though you should create a NANDROID Backup before starting the installation. Such system backup is required in case the new ROM packs major errors and you would eventually be forced to use the restore point.
SlimBean is created by SlimROM team and it is borrows elements and components from AOKP, ParanoidAndroid, CyanogenMod and other similar custom ROMs that are somewhat popular. Also, the base is AOSP Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM. For more info about this new release you should follow the developing team’s web page here.
Read the preparation guide below in order to correctly configure your device for the updating process:
- Use this guide only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100. Do not attempt to update any other devices using the info that I have listed here.
- Your Galaxy S2 I9100 has to be factory unlocked and rooted.
- Also, for you to flash the new ROM build, your device needs to have CWM or TWRP Recovery installed on your device.
- In the ‘how-to’ part of this tutorial you will find the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ step. This is needed for a clean installation.
- Factory Reset will remove all contents from your device’s system partition, while the internal / external SDcard contents won’t be affected by this process.
- If you want to backup installed apps data, use the Helium app from Google Play or Titanium Backup.
> if you decide to use Titanium Backup app, then you have to change backup/ restore path to ‘legacy’ from app settings menu.
- If you want to save data from SMS, Call Logs or APN Internet Settings, then you should use these apps for Android: SMS backup & restore must be flashed after you put in the ROM, as it’ll add the entire Google-primarily based apps that your instrument wants.
– don’t unzip.
- Join the Galaxy S2 to your pc by the use of USB Cable, then transfer each zip information to your telephone’s inside storage.
– when the information are copied, disconnect the instrument out of your PC.
- Energy off your telephone utterly.
- Boot the Galaxy S2 into Customized Restoration Mode.
– each CWM and TWRP Recoveries are supported by way of this tutorial.
- Very first thing that you simply want to do is to create a full NANDROID Backup in your presently put in ROM.
– CWM Restoration: choose ‘backup and fix’, then use the backup to inner sdcard strategy to full the step.
– TWRP Restoration: press Backup, then make a choice the device knowledge you need to set as restoration level. Ascertain.
> this backup will probably be saved to your instrument’s interior storage and it may be utilized in case your cellphone doesn’t boot with the brand new ROM.
> additionally, you should use it should you don’t like how your software runs with the SlimBean JB four.three ROM.
- Subsequent, observe a ‘manufacturing facility reset’ on your smartphone:
– CWM Restoration: choose ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’, then ascertain the method.
– TWRP Restoration: press Wipe, then Manufacturing unit Reset. Verify.
> this step is very vital as in any other case your Galaxy S2 may no longer boot into commonplace mode with SlimBean ROM.
- Now which you can flash the customized ROM recordsdata:
– CWM Restoration: make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’. To find the SlimBean I9100 ROM file. Ascertain the set up.
– TWRP Restoration: press Set up, then to find the SlimBean ROM file and cargo it into TWRP. Verify that you just are looking to flash this zip with the aid of swiping the underside blue button.
> the set up for this ROM must take a couple of minutes to finish, be sure that to not press any buttons unless all information are flashed.
> if the ROM doesn’t full set up on the first strive, then which you could try and re-flash once more.
- When the SlimBean ROM is put in, repeat step eight and set up the Slim-Gapps zip. Ascertain the set up.
- Return to the principle CWM / TWRP Restoration Menu when each information are flashed. Use the Reboot choices to restart your Galaxy S2 into commonplace mode.
- Don’t press any buttons whereas the cellphone restarts, however notice that this may take a little time prior to all recordsdata are loaded.
– if the primary boot course of takes too lengthy to finish or the instrument enters right into a boot loop, then you definately will have to dispose of the cellphone’s battery, then re-insert it and repeat all the tutorial.
- When the house reveal of SlimBean four.three JB customized ROM masses, enter your Google Account important points and take keep an eye on over your instrument. Begin trying out the brand new ROM and inform us in feedback how’s your telephone working with it.
These have been the entire steps that you just needed to take with a view to replace your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 with the newest Slim Bean Android four.three ROM steady construct.
Should you don’t like how this new ROM works together with your software, then you should utilize the ROM NANDROID Backup information created in step 6 and repair your Galaxy S2 to its earlier state.