The T-Mobile variant of the LG G2 has received its own root tutorial. Use this post in order to learn how to successfully apply for your device. Note that this tutorial should be applied only by an advanced Android user and LG G2 TMO owner, as you will void its warranty.
This root has been created and released on XDA thread forums by ‘thecubed’, a developer and member of this popular community. For this guide to work with your device, it would be best for you to take a look at the guidelines below:
- Use this post only for the T-Mobile LG G2 device that’s running the stock shipping ROM.
- Note that by rooting your device you will void its warranty. The warranty can be restored only when re-installing stock Android updates.
- This root for T-Mobile LG G2 has been created by ‘thecubed‘, XDA member and developer.
- For this tutorial to work your computer needs to have the LG USB Drivers installed, as otherwise it won’t recognize your device.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options section.
– if the Developer Options doesn’t appear to be listed in the Settings menu, then you should enable it: open About Phone, then tap 7 times on the Build Number section. Return to the Settings menu and Developer Option will now be listed.
- Disable any antivirus and other security applications from running on your computer.
- Make sure that no LG smartphone software is running on your computer.
- Backup all important data before starting the root.
- This is a guide for advanced users and we cannot be blamed in case you brick the smartphone or lose any important data in the process.
- The phone’s battery power charge level should be over 50%.
- Read the entire post, don’t skip any steps.
- If you cannot complete the tutorial, then you should ask for extra help in comments.
If you want to learn more about this root by ‘thecubed’, then you can take a look at this XDA thread here.
Remember that your device has to be running the same ROM version that it was installed on the day it was shipped.
- Download the Root package from here.
– keep this file to your laptop.
- Extract the Root Bundle for TMO LG G2 archive.
– situation the extracted folder for your personal computer.
- Use the USB Cable and fix your smartphone together with your PC.
– the telephone must be powered on.
- Go to IORoot folder, the one created in step 2, open it and launch a command suggested window.
– to open the command advised immediately on this folder use this: press and grasp Shift key, on the related time proper-click on on the folder’s white house, then make a selection ‘open command urged window right here’ from the correct-click on context menu.
- Now, it’s a must to see in case your LG G2 is detected by way of your laptop. Do it by using getting into the next line within the command instructed: adb units
– if a serial quantity is proven, then the software was once detected and that you would be able to proceed to the next move.
– in case the serial doesn’t convey up, then it is very important swap between USB ports or re-set up the LG USB Drivers. Additionally, take a look at and spot if the USB Debugging possibility is enabled in Developer Choices.
- Return to the IORoot folder. Double click on the ‘root.bat’ file.
– press any key to proceed when the brand new command urged asks you. It detects the smartphone.
– now it is important to cease for a second and observe the movements in your next step, however don’t shut the command suggested display.
- Disconnect the T-Cell LG G2 out of your laptop.
- Go to Developer Choices part, disable after which re-permit USB Debugging.
- Use the USB Cable to re-join your tool along with your pc.
- Now which you can ‘press any key to proceed’. Root shall be began.
- When the Root is done that you would be able to shut the command steered window.
- Return to the primary command instructed window, the one you opened in step four. Enter the next command strains:
- The next line has to seem so that you can comprehend that the basis was once a success: uid=zero<root> gid=zero<root>.
These had been all of the steps you needed to take with a purpose to root your smartphone. If in case you have any questions, then you definately will have to ask for extra assist in feedback.