SlimBean custom ROM now features its first build based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean AOSP. Use this tutorial in order to learn how to successfully update your Sprint variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 device. This is a tutorial that should be used by advanced users.
This build has been released by the SlimROM team and it is based on AOSP Android 4.3, AOKP, CM and ParanoidAndroid, as it borrows some elements from these popular ROMs. If you want to learn more about this release, then you can visit the developer’s page here.
If you want to correctly update your smartphone with this ROM, then you will need to take a look at the preparation guide below first:
- Use this post only with the Sprint variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 device.
- Do not attempt to update any other Galaxy S3 version with the files I’ve listed here, as you will end up bricking the device.
- Your device has to be factory unlocked, rooted and running a custom Recovery image like CWM or TWRP.
- In the tutorial you will find the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ step, which will delete all the system partition files allowing you a clean installation.
- Factory Reset won’t delete contents from internal / external storage.
- If you want to backup data from installed applications, then you can use Titanium Backup or Helium app.
> if you decide to use Titanium Backup app, then you have to change backup/ restore path to ‘legacy’ from app settings menu.
- Backup SMS, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore study.
– each CWM and TWRP are working with this tutorial.
- Very first thing that you just want to do is to create a NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s at the moment put in to your tool:
– CWM: make a selection ‘backup and repair’, then create the backup file.
– TWRP: press Backup, then choose the gadget information you wish to have to set for a fix level. Verify.
> this units a fix level to your software that you need to use in case the brand new ROM doesn’t boot otherwise you merely don’t just like the SlimBean construct.
- Now which you could follow the ‘manufacturing unit reset’ on your tool with the intention to observe a easy set up:
– CWM: choose ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’. Ascertain.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then Manufacturing facility Reset. Ascertain the method.
> should you don’t observe manufacturing unit reset, then the brand new ROM may no longer boot efficiently.
- Subsequent, you could begin the set up of the brand new customized ROM:
– CWM: choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’. In finding the SlimBean ROM zip and make sure that you need to put in it.
– TWRP: press Set up, then browse your tool’s inner storage. In finding the ROM file and make sure the set up by way of swiping the blue button on the backside of the reveal.
> don’t press any buttons except all information are put in.
> the method must take a few minutes to complete.
- After the ROM is put in, it is important to repeat the movements in step eight and flash the Slim Gapps zip too.
- When each zip information are flashed with success, return to the primary customized Restoration display. Reboot your Dash Galaxy S3.
> the primary boot course of would possibly take as a minimum 5 minutes to finish, which is why you must wait except all recordsdata are loaded.
- Enter your Google Account important points when the house reveal of SlimBean Android four.three Customized ROM seems.
These have been the entire steps that you simply needed to take as a way to efficiently replace your tool with this new ROM. If the brand new customized ROM doesn’t boot or the Dash Galaxy S3 enters right into a boot loop, you then will have to repeat your complete tutorial as soon as once more. In the event you do repeat the academic, you then must just remember to don’t skip any steps that I’ve listed above.
After you be able to full the set up you must begin to take a look at and customise the brand new SlimBean Android four.three ROM.
When you don’t like this new ROM, then it might be easiest so that you can repair it to its earlier ROM the usage of the NANDROID Backup recordsdata created at step 6. In case you to find any blunders or bugs whereas trying out the brand new construct of SlimBean, then you definitely must inform us in feedback.