The team behind SlimBean custom ROMs has launched the first build based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean AOSP. Use this tutorial and learn how to successfully update your smartphone with this tutorial. Remember that this is a tutorial for more advanced users.
SlimBean ROMs are based on Android 4.3 AOSP, CM, ParanoidAndroid, AOKP and others. It is slimmer ROM as it doesn’t use that much memory, which means that it is a great alternative for older devices like the first Galaxy S generation. More info about this ROM can be found here at the developer’s web page.
The Build 1 of SlimBean 4.3 is the first stable one based on Google’s latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Before starting the installation you should read the guidelines below:
- Use this guide only for the Samsung Galaxy S model number I9000.
- Don’t attempt to use the files you find here on any other Android device, as you will end up bricking it.
- The Galaxy S I9000 you’re about to update should be factory unlocked, rooted and running a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP.
- The tutorial will ask you to ‘wipe data’ and ‘factory reset’ your device. This will allow for a clean install and you shouldn’t skip this step.
- Backup all installed applications data using Helium app from Google Play Store or Titanium Backup tool.
– if you’ll use Titanium Backup app, then you have to change backup/ restore path to ‘legacy’ from app settings menu.
- Backup SMS, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore don’t unzip the information.
- Join your Galaxy S I9000 together with your pc and transfer each zip information to your cellphone’s inner storage.
– when the recordsdata are copied with success, disconnect the telephone from PC.
- Energy off your software now.
- Boot the Galaxy S into Customized Restoration Mode now:
– each CWM and TWRP Recoveries are working with this information.
- Very first thing you wish to do is to create a NANDROID Backup on your presently put in ROM:
– CWM: make a choice ‘backup and fix’, then use the backup choice and full the method.
– TWRP: press Backup, then choose the device elements you wish to have to save lots of. Verify.
- Subsequent, follow the manufacturing facility reset:
– CWM: make a selection ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’. Ascertain.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then Manufacturing unit Reset button. Verify.
– this course of will delete most effective the information from the gadget partition, whereas the inner storage received’t be affected.
- Because you’ve utilized the steps above, now which you can at last flash the brand new SlimBean ROM. Right here’s find out how to:
– CWM: choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’. In finding the Slim galaxysmtd ROM zip and ensure the set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, then to find the customized ROM zip. Verify the set up.
– look forward to the brand new SlimBean four.three ROM to complete putting in, then proceed to the next move.
- After the customized ROM has been flashed, repeat step eight movements and flash the Slim-Gapps zip.
- Return to the primary customized Restoration menu when each zip recordsdata were put in.
- Reboot your smartphone now.
- Enter the Google Account important points when the house display of SlimBean Android four.three ROM seems.
Take keep watch over over your tool and begin checking out all of its options now.
If the primary boot course of after you full the set up takes too lengthy to complete or the software doesn’t boot into customary mode, you then will have to energy it off utterly. Boot once more into CWM / TWRP Restoration and repeat your complete tutorial as soon as once more. Just be sure you don’t skip any steps and that you just ask for extra lend a hand in feedback.