Necessities: Android Varies with tool
Overview: Take heed to are living audio from over four,a hundred police and fireplace scanners, climate radios, and newbie radio repeaters from all over the world (essentially in the USA and Australia, with extra being brought day-to-day) for your cellphone.
Hearken to are living audio from over four,a hundred police and fireplace scanners, climate radios, and novice radio repeaters from world wide (basically in the USA and Australia, with extra being brought day-to-day) for your cellphone.Options:
* View scanners which are situated nearest you, sorted by way of distance.
* View the highest 50 scanners which have probably the most listeners (record up to date each 5 minutes).
* View checklist of scanners delivered most not too long ago (new additions are being brought always).
* Add scanners you hearken to essentially the most to your Favorites listing for speedy get entry to.
* Browse the listing of scanners by means of region or style (public security, air site visitors, climate, railroad, and so on).
* Allow notifications to be notified when numerous folks (similar to over a thousand, as an instance) are paying attention to any scanner (indicating that one thing large is going down). That you would be able to even be notified when scanners positioned close to you (or particular scanners of your selecting) have greater than a definite selection of listeners.
* Add Scanner Radio Professional widgets and shortcuts to your cellphone’s house reveal for fast get right of entry to (app can’t be put in on SD card to get entry to them).
* Add a “Scanner Radio Professional Favourite” shortcut to your house monitor to launch a scanner feed by the use of an alarm clock app or automation app.
* Take heed to Broadcastify.com’s audio archives to hearken to audio which is been archived over the last 30 days. Observe: You *should* have an account on Broadcastify.com and buy their “Top class Membership” ($ 15 for six months) so as to get right of entry to their archives the usage of the app.
Along with the above options, you additionally get the next options with this model of the app:
* The advertisements are eliminated.
* The play button on the high of the listing monitors and on the widgets can be utilized to start out listening without needing to head to the participant display.
* With the “Scanner Radio Professional Locale PlgIn” plug-in can also be put in that you would be able to have Locale/Tasker launch the app and have certainly one of your Favorites robotically start enjoying according to a number of prerequisites or have the app cease enjoying. One use for this selection is to have a scanner feed start enjoying when your cellphone connects to a particular Bluetooth tool after which have it cease when the connection to that Bluetooth tool is not existing.
The audio is equipped by means of volunteers (essentially for Broadcastify.com) the usage of actual scanner radios.
If you want help, please contact me at email@example.com
Explanation of why various permissions are needed:
The “Phone Calls / Read Phone State” permission is needed by the app so that it can detect when you’re placing a phone call (or when one is being received) so that it can automatically stop the streaming of the audio to prevent it from interfering with the call.
The “Fine (GPS) Location” and “Coarse Location” permissions are required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you click on “Near Me”. When you click on “Near Me” the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
The “Automatically Start at Boot” permission is required so that a small portion of the app can be started when your phone boots if (and only if) you turn on the notifications feature of the app (that feature is turned off by default).
If the audio repeats or the app stays connected for only a short time, try returning to a directory screen in the app, then select “Settings” from the menu, then “Player settings”, and then try changing the “Streaming method” setting.
3.9.6 and 4.0.1:
Reworked behavior of listener alert notifications.
Fixed a bug which could cause the alert service to not check for alerts.
Fixed problem where the player balance controls operated backwards.
Added the ability to have a balance control be displayed on the player screen (add the control by enabling the “Balance control…” setting in Settings -> “Player Settings”).
Added additional details to the “Listener Alert” and “Broadcastify Alert” notifications.
This app has NO advertisements