Overview: Measure the environmental noise and vibration with your phone.
Sound Meter Pro is the 4th set of Smart Tools collection (noise, vibration, seismometer).
SPL(sound pressure level) meter app uses your phone mic to measure noise volume in decibels(db), and shows a reference. We had calibrated many android devices with the actual sound level meter with dB(A).
REMEMBER!! The smart phone microphones were aligned to human voice (300-3400Hz, 40-60dB). Therefore the maximum values are LIMITED by the manufacturers. The very loud sound cannot be recognized. Moto Droid(max.100), Galaxy S(81dB), Galaxy S2(98dB)…
Vibrometer app uses your built-in sensors to measure phone’s vibration or the earthquake, and shows a reference.
The measured values are the Modified Mercalli Intensity scale(MMI). If it is inaccurate, you can calibrate it so that the maximum value is about 10-11.
* Pro version added Features:
– Sound Meter and Vibrometer are integrated
– Statistic menu and Save log data
– Level notification
– Line-chart duration
– More models are calibrated
– No ads
What’s in this version:
– v2.4.1a : Minor fix on Galaxy Note 1.
– v2.4.1 : 2nd-gen Nexus 7 support.
– v2.4.0 : ActionBar added. 7′ Tablet PC fix.
– v2.3.3 : Nexus 10 and SGS4 support.
– v2.3.2 : Screen capture added.
– v2.3.1 : Nexus 7 support.
– v2.3.0 : Export to CSV file.
– v2.2.7 : Landscape mode for Tablet PC.
– v2.2.6 : more models calibrated.
– v2.2.5 : 4 hours line-chart duration.
This app has no advertisements