An unofficial build of CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM has been released on XDA for the Sony Xperia Z device. This is a custom ROM based on Android 4.3 and CyanogenMod team’s latest builds. Note that it is not a final release and you might encounter errors and bugs while using it. Also, since it is only a test build you should only install it in case you’re an advanced user.
Read this entire post and you should be able to apply at your first attempt without bricking the Sony Xperia Z smartphone. This build of CM 10.2 doesn’t have any major bugs and all things should work fine for you. Also, the Focal, camera app created by CyanogenMod team, comes pre-installed and it works great. All the latest Android 4.3 AOSP features have been integrated with success. However, note that this is not an official CM team release nor an official Android 4.3 update, but a custom build compiled by an XDA member and developers called xZain69.
In order to be able to flash all the required files at your first attempt you will need to take a look at the preparation guide below first. Make sure to read the info before starting the updating process, as you will learn how to setup the Sony Xperia Z for the installation of CM 10.2 Test ROM. Here’s what you need to know:
- This guide will work only with the Sony Xperia Z.
- Do not attempt to install the files you find here on any other different Android device, as you will end up bricking it.
- Your device has to be factory unlocked, it should be rooted and running a custom Recovery image like the TWRP or CWM.
- In the tutorial guide you will find a step that will ask you to ‘wipe data and factory reset’ your Xperia Z. This will remove the contents from the device’s system partition which will delete installed apps data, SMS and other similar files.
- If you want to backup SMS, Call Logs info or APN Internet Settings then you can use this apps: SMS backup & restore Join the Xperia Z along with your PC by means of USB knowledge cable. Now transfer each zip information in your tool’s inside SDcard with out extracting its contents.
- When the information are copied with success, that you may disconnect the cellphone from pc.
- Now, energy off the smartphone totally.
- Boot the Xperia Z into CWM / TWRP Restoration Mode. Each customized Restoration editions will work with this tutorial and also you must have the ability to full the set up the use of any of them.
- Very first thing that you simply want to do in Customized Restoration Mode is to create a full NANDROID Backup of the at present put in ROM. Right here’s how to do this:
> for CWM Restoration choose ‘backup and restoration’ possibility. Ascertain this course of.
> for TWRP Restoration press Backup. Make a selection the gadget information you want to backup and make sure.
- After the Backup is full, return to the principle Restoration monitor and follow the ‘manufacturing facility reset’:
> for CWM Restoration make a choice the ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’ possibility. Ascertain.
> for TWRP Restoration press Wipe button, then Manufacturing unit Reset. Verify.
- Set up the customized ROM now:
> for CWM Restoration make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’ choice, then from the brand new menu make a choice ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’. In finding the CM 10.2 Unofficial zip file and make sure the set up.
> For TWRP Restoration press Set up. Now browse the inner storage for the CM 10.2 Unofficial zip. Load it into TWRP and ensure that you just need to set up it through sliding the blue button on the backside of the display.
– the set up course of shouldn’t take greater than a couple of minutes to complete.
- When the ROM is put in you wish to repeat step 9 and set up the Gapps zip as smartly.
- After each zip information had been flashed you must return to the principle Restoration reveal. Reboot the smartphone into customary mode now.
- The primary boot technique of the brand new ROM shouldn’t take greater than 5 minutes to load all information.
- Enter your Google Account small print and take keep an eye on over your smartphone as soon as once more.
These have been all of the steps that you simply needed to take to be able to flash the entire new CM 10.2 Unofficial Take a look at ROM in your Sony Xperia Z. You should definitely take a look at all of the new CM 10.2 and Android four.three options and capabilities. If the set up failed at your first try, then it is very important repeat all the tutorial as soon as once more. Don’t skip any steps that I’ve listed above.
Additionally, in the event you in finding any main bugs otherwise you don’t like this new ROM, then that you could repair the Xperia Z to its earlier ROM the use of the NANDROID backup file created in step 7. Use the feedback container for another questions.