XXUBMGA Android 4.2.2 OTA Update for the Galaxy Grand Duos smartphone has been released earlier today and, you can learn how to install it for this particular device with the info posted here. Read this entire post and you should be able to complete the update easily without bricking your device.
Before starting the update you should take a look at the preparation guide below. These guidelines will teach you how to successfully configure your device for the updating process to complete without problems. Here’s what you need to know:
- use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos model number I9082. Do not attempt to update any other smartphone or tablet with the files you find in this post.
- if your device is rooted or running a custom ROM then the installation might not complete successfully or you’ll lose all data that is stored on it.
- devices running stock firmware won’t be affected by the updating process.
- also, the firmware currently installed on your device should be Jelly Bean.
- make sure that you have the Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer. Download link here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your smartphone from the Developer Options menu.
- Disable Samsung KIES and any antivirus application from running on your computer, as these apps will interfere with the update.
- The Galaxy Grand Duos battery should have at least 50% power left.
- If the device switches off in the middle of the updating process, then you might end up bricking it and then you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial once again.
- Read this entire post and make sure that you don’t skip any steps listed in the tutorial.
- This is a guide that should be applied by advanced users, as you cannot blame us in case the Grand Duos device gets bricked or you lose any data in the process.
- If you have problems during the installation, then you can always ask for more help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this article and learn how to successfully update your smartphone.
- Download official Jelly Bean 4.2.2 zip from here.
> note that you will be taken to the SamMobile web site and you should create an account before being able to download the latest Jelly Bean file.
> save the file on your PC.
- Extract the zip archive and save the files on your PC.
> you should obtain a file named with the .tar.md5 extension. Don’t extract any further than that.
- Download Odin3 v3.07 from here.
> keep the file in your and extract its contents to a single folder.
- Energy off your Galaxy Grand Duos instrument now.
- Boot the telephone into Android Obtain Mode.
- Launch ODIN exe in your PC.
- Join your software together with your PC after which stay up for Odin to verify that it has ‘delivered’ the brand new telephone.
> if ODIN doesn’t acknowledge your instrument, then you’ll be compelled to re-set up the Samsung USB Drivers or swap between USB ports unless the Grand Duos is brought.
- Press the PDA button in ODIN, then browse your PC for the ‘.tar.md5′ file and cargo it into Odin.
> don’t trade any default Odin settings and be sure that the Re-Partition choice shouldn’t be enabled.
- When prepared, click on the START button and stay up for the entire new firmware recordsdata to be put in efficiently.
- The set up course of shouldn’t take greater than a few minutes to finish. When performed your instrument will reboot and that you could unplug it from the PC when the Samsung Boot animation emblem seems.
- ODIN will show the ‘PASS’ indicators and you then will have to wait except your Grand Duos software boots into customary mode.
- Enter your Google Account small print and take regulate over your software with the intention to commence trying out the brand new firmware replace.
These have been all of the steps you needed to take. When you have any issues right through the set up, then you definately must ask for extra assist in feedback.
Additionally, if ODIN doesn’t set up the brand new firmware at your first try, then you could at all times reboot the tool and laptop and repeat the educational as soon as once more ranging from step 1. I’m hoping that you just did have the ability to replace the telephone and that now you’re checking out all of the new options.