Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean OS has been launched via Samsung for its Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 smartphones, although many customers had been anticipating the Android four.three machine as an alternative. However except additional OTAs, the inventory JB four.2.2 XXUBMGA firmware must do the trick. At the moment, the Galaxy Grand is that includes the Android four.1.2 platform, so the four.2.2 OTA unencumber just isn’t an enormous OS growth because the replace is coming most effective with minor modifications like trojan horse fixes, battery drain options and few new options, apps and capabilities. Anyway, these days we will be able to be checking on how you can manually set up the JB four.2.2 XXUBMGA ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082, so if you wish to follow the newest and respectable Android OS to your instrument, take a look at the next strains.
In fact, as now we have used you, when putting in inventory Android updates on Samsung branded gadgets, Odin is used. For individuals who are new on this space of hobby, Odin is a posh and customized instrument developed and supplied via Samsung and utilized by customers who’re seeking to manually observe professional updates, set up rooted ROMs and so forth. Which means that the current operation is authentic and the guarantee of your Galaxy Grand is not going to get void by way of flashing the Jelly Bean four.2.2 XXUBMGA firmware. Due to this fact, root get right of entry to and CWM restoration isn’t required for this tutorial.
The foundation get admission to need to be received handiest when having a look into updating with customized ROMs, customized kernels or when seeking to overclock / underclock your Android device for improving the speeds / upgrading the battery life. On the same operations CWM or any other custom recovery is needed as the stock Android recovery is useful when dealing with unofficial tweak procedures. But that’s not our case as we will be checking on how to flash the official Android 4.2.2 XXUBMGA software on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos.
Well, this tutorial is compatible with locked and rooted smartphones; but if your Grand I9082 is currently rooted, after completing the next steps, the root access will be revoked. The best is that the warranty will get restored because as you know, it gets voided once root access is granted. Don’t worry, the XXUBMGA firmware can also be rooted but only by using a suitable step by step guide –we will develop a guide soon so stay close. In order to conclude here is what you need to know so far:
- Samsung rolled out the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OTA update for the Galaxy Grand Duos model number I9082.
- The software is being offered in phases and since now it is available only in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and UK.
- Most likely you will want to flash the ROM manually, which means that you will have to complete this tutorial.
- When doing so, be careful and ensure that all the lines from the same are being checked out.
- This guide can be applied for both rooted and unrooted smartphones.
- But, if your phone is rooted, after installing the XXUBMGA system, the root access will be revoked.
Good, you know the general aspects related to the present step by step guide. Now, let’s see how to prepare your Samsung Galaxy Grand for the actual installation operation. I have detailed the pre requisites below, so make sure to complete the next list of tasks.
- Backup the Galaxy Grand Duos data as all the info that is saved on the internal storage memory might get wiped out or corrupted.
- If possible make a Nandroid backup for saving the current ROM and backup EFS.
- Install the Grand Duos I9082 drivers on your computer (you need to have access and use a Windows running computer or notebook). You can do it manually or by using Samsung KIES 9the drivers will be installed through this program).
- Your smartphone and its USB cable are being required.
- Then, for making sure that nothing stands on your way on both computer and handset temporarily deactivate the antivirus, Firewall or any other security protection.
- Due to same considerations charge the battery of your device – do it only if there is less than 60% power left; else the phone might get bricked if it gets turned off in the middle of the update operation.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Grand by going to “Settings -> More -> Development Options -> USB debugging”.
Perfect, now your handset is prepared and you know how to avoid the unpleasant situations. Do remember that the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMGA firmware has been official released by Samsung only for the Galaxy Grand Duos model number I9082. So, this guide is compatible only with the mentioned smartphone. Applying the next steps on other situations will make you brick your Android based device; try not to mess things up and stick to the guidelines from below.
- First of all on your computer download the update file.
- You can use the link from here for downloading the firmware.
- Place the file on desktop and unzip the same.
- Download Odin on the same computer and unzip the downloaded file.
- Install and run Odin on the computer.
- Remember to install the Galaxy Grand drivers before going any further.
- Boot your phone in download mode.
- The download mode can be accessed if you do the following: turn off your handset and wait a couple of seconds; then press and hold the power, volume down and home buttons at the same time until the download mode is being displayed.
- Once download mode is reached, connect your Grand with the computer via USB cable (on the computer Odin must be running).
- Once the USB cable plugged in, on Odin you should notice: ID:COM yellow or blue and “added” message displayed.
- If not, it means that Odin didn’t recognize your Galaxy Grand Duos. So, you will have to disconnect the devices, close Odin and reinstall the drivers on the computer; then repeat the steps from above until everything is working as explained.
- From Odin tap on “PDA”.
- Pick the update file from desktop.
- The re-partition and f.reset time options shouldn’t be checked.
- Start the update process by clicking on the “start” button.
- Then wait while the JB 4.2.2 firmware is being flashed.
- In the end on Odin the ID:COM will turn in green and the “pass” message will be displayed.
- You can safely unplug the USB cable; also reboot your phone.
In some cases, rare ones, Odin might get stuck. In that case you shouldn’t panic as all you have to do for resolving the problem is to: unplug the USB cord, force restart your Galaxy Grand, close Odin, reinstall the drivers and repeat the update process.
Also, in rare cases, in the end, your phone might get stuck in a boot loop. For resolving this issue you need to: boot into recovery mode – press and hold power, volume up and home buttons. Then you have to select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition”. Return to recovery and choose “reboot system now”.
Good job, you are done as the tutorial has been successfully completed. If there were problems (besides the up mentioned ones) use this step by step guide and learn how to resolve the most common Android issues. Then return right here and share your impressions with us; do remember the fact that the reliable Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMGA OS is now working for your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082, so take a look at the brand new firmware in an effort to see the way it performs. Is the ROM higher than the earlier one, is your smartphone performing sooner, are you glad through the consequences, otherwise you slightly believe in the usage of a customized ROM instrument according to Android four.three machine as an alternative?