Want to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 to Android 4.3? Are you tired of waiting for the OTA releases and want to flash the latest Jelly Bean apps and features on your tablet right now? If so, then I have the perfect solution for you: Android 4.3 based CM10.2 custom ROM firmware. Even though we are talking about the unofficial release of the CM10.2 software, the update is stable and comes with Android JB 4.3 OS for your Galaxy Note 8.0 along with many other extra features and capabilities, so give it a try by completing this step by step guide.
As you know the first versions of the CM10.2 ROM has been made available for devices like Galaxy Note and Galaxy S3, though the official release of the same firmware isn’t here yet. Anyhow, now a new unofficial version of the update has been launched for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110. Since the LTE variant of the tablet just received the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 touch and while there is no such update available for the Note 8.0 N5110 tablet, this CM10.2 Android 4.3 OS should be just perfect for those who are hardly waiting for a new OS improvement to come.
CM10.2 is the latest update developed by the CM team; the firmware comes with great features and capabilities not to mention that Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is being included in the system. So, if you choose to apply this step by step guide, you will update your Note 8.0 to custom Android 4.3 software and receive features like: permission manager, virtual surround sound, improved dial pad, better Linux kernel, Bluetooth pairing with low power devices, control user account with restricted profiles, trim feature that not let your phone slow with time, new focal camera app and lot more.
Since this is only the beta variant of CM10.2, the platform also comes with minor bugs and issues. According to those who have already installed the firmware on their Galaxy Note 8.0 handsets there are problems with: BT voice search, Graphical glitches and with screenshots. As you can see these are only minor issues so you can safely use this custom Android 4.3 JB OS on your Note 8.0 for daily use.
Do remember though that this is a custom ROM and not an official update released by Samsung or Google. That’s why for being able to complete this tutorial root access on your Galaxy Note 8.0 must be granted. Then, after rooting the system you have to install a custom recovery image, like CWM or TWRP recovery, as the stock recovery can’t be used when trying to install CM10.2 custom ROM.
The root operation is a custom and complex procedure that is also unofficial. Therefore, by doing the same your Note 8.0 warranty will get void. Be careful when completing these tasks as by messing things up you can end up in bricking your Android based tablet. Anyway, the warranty can be restored but only if you downgrade / update your handset with an official release of the Android system – only manually because on rooted devices the OTA updates can’t be received or flashed.
Then after rooting and installing a custom recovery image, backup the Note 8.0 data. Since your tablet is running on a custom recovery image now, make a Nandroid backup too for saving the current ROM and consider in saving the EFS folder as well. Besides, do save your contacts, text messages, market apps, internet settings and everything else you might need afterwards. A wipe will be required so the backup is not an option for you.
The rest of the pre requisites are referring to the following:
- Ensure that you can use a computer as the CM10.2 Android 4.3 update file must be downloaded on the same first.
- Use a computer on which you have deactivated the security programs and security protection.
- Since you will save the update file on the computer first, you will have to connect your tablet later to the same; so make sure that the Note 8.0 USB cable is near you.
- Also, due to same considerations enable USB debugging option on your device: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Charge your tablet if there is less than 60% power left – else you can brick your handset (if it gets turned off in the middle of the installation procedure).
- Apply the steps from this guide only if you want to install the CM10.2 Android 4.3 ROM on the Samsung galaxy Note 8.0 model number N5110.
- Download the firmware file on your computer without unzipping it.
- Place the file on desktop – use the link from here.
- Then download the Google Apps package (use the link from here – don’t unzip the bundle simply location it on computer) as the identical isn’t incorporated on the tool file.
- Flip off your tool.
- Enter your Word eight.zero in restoration mode: press Quantity Up, Energy and Dwelling buttons.
- From restoration wipe the gadget: “wipe information manufacturing facility reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Return to restoration and make a selection “set up zip from SD card” adopted through “select zip from SD card”.
- Choose the replace file first and flash CM10.2.
- Then return to restoration and repeat the flashing operation for making use of the Google Apps package deal.
- In spite of everything make a choice “+++return+++” and “reboot device now”.
Congratulations you could have up to date your Samsung galaxy Be aware eight.zero to Android four.three Jelly Bean firmware. The CM10.2 customized ROM is now operating in your pill; the device remains to be in construction stage so take a look at the brand new OS and spot the way it performs. If there are bugs or issues that aren’t working, return right here and by way of the use of the feedback space from beneath share your ideas and conclusions with us.